CEO Meetup

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: CEO Meetup

Post by rozzieoz »

A10 wrote:I've only been to one "meetup" before (something like 5 or 6 years ago, I think at the Garage Bar), but I've found in general a lot more enjoyable to have a 2-4 person get together organized off to the side or what have you just on the fly. Just put it out there "Phnom Penh Thmey or BKK 1 meetup", or just PM each other and organize, it's not that hard. To me, it's a lot more interesting and you get to know the people better that way. At the big meetup, it's often so noisy, crowded, and when you do meet people, it's for a short time and that's it. Still fun don't get me wrong, but for me I like the little settings better.

Not saying there isn't a place for them, but it's not like you have to wait for a meetup to crawl out of your hole and see the outside world.
Not many people were brave enough to come. We ended up with fewer than ten people.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

But it was fun. Thanks Roz & Ric and I wish Ric a speedy recovery.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:26 pm There was plenty of pizza, there’s still leftovers.
Can I swing by and pick those up? There's nothing better than savory leftover pizza straight from the eskie.

In fact pizza is a lot like sex, even when it's bad it's still pretty good.
A10 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:48 am it's for short time and that's it.
Jamie:

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I got back in one piece. Great party. The band managed to sort their act out for the second go so thumbs up all round
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:07 am

Not many people were brave enough to come. We ended up with fewer than ten people.
That's smaller than I was expecting. I think the last meetup I went to had like 40 - 50 people there. 10 ish seems like a nice "quiet" group.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:07 am
A10 wrote:I've only been to one "meetup" before (something like 5 or 6 years ago, I think at the Garage Bar), but I've found in general a lot more enjoyable to have a 2-4 person get together organized off to the side or what have you just on the fly. Just put it out there "Phnom Penh Thmey or BKK 1 meetup", or just PM each other and organize, it's not that hard. To me, it's a lot more interesting and you get to know the people better that way. At the big meetup, it's often so noisy, crowded, and when you do meet people, it's for a short time and that's it. Still fun don't get me wrong, but for me I like the little settings better.

Not saying there isn't a place for them, but it's not like you have to wait for a meetup to crawl out of your hole and see the outside world.
Peculiar word choice.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:28 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:48 pm Pizza has arrived.
Pizza??? I'm booking a flight to Phnom Penh right now!!! :assasin:
I believe it.. everytime i spoke w/ Mack, he was eating pizza in PP.... ok, lying..1 time..lol
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic