Dating Websites for Cambodian Women?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Dating Websites for Cambodian Women?

Post by Queef »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm The WASP chimes in again with his dismal opinions on everything here.
Oh sorry. I forgot to put on my pink shades. Maybe next time, NOT!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Dating Websites

Post by Username Taken »

Queef wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:33 pm A lot of younger guys don't want to settle in Cambodia because it's boring. Met a lot of guys in their late 20s/ early 30s through my job and they always say the same thing: Career wise, Cambodia is awesome. As far as entertainment and social life are concerned, Cambodia sucks major monkey balls. After two/ three years, they either move to Thailand/ Singapore or head back to the west.

Younger guys don't want a glorified maid. They want an actual partner. Bringing an uneducated/ unqualified Cambodian woman back home doesn't make any sense on the long haul. I know. Things are changing and an increasing number of Cambodian women are educated. If you compare a UCLA graduate to a PUC graduate though, you'll quickly realize that education in Cambodia is still way behind.

There's also the idea (among the younger crowd) that if you settle for a Cambodian woman, you must be one big fat loser.
I find your post insulting to the numerous guys here who have Khmer partners.
If you don't like it here, then maybe you should just fcuk off. In fact, I will give you 24 hours off to ponder whether you are capable of posting without trolling those of us who actually enjoy living here.

If you don't like it here, then you should move on. The airport isn't too far away.

As for the "guys in their late 20s/ early 30s" who can't find "entertainment and social life" here, they obviously aren't looking hard enough if their solution is to "move to Thailand/Singapore or head back west".

Adios :hattip:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Tinder is working great for me but I’m not looking for a long-term monogamous relationship.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Queef wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:33 pm A lot of younger guys don't want to settle in Cambodia because it's boring. Met a lot of guys in their late 20s/ early 30s through my job and they always say the same thing: Career wise, Cambodia is awesome. As far as entertainment and social life are concerned, Cambodia sucks major monkey balls. After two/ three years, they either move to Thailand/ Singapore or head back to the west.

Younger guys don't want a glorified maid. They want an actual partner. Bringing an uneducated/ unqualified Cambodian woman back home doesn't make any sense on the long haul. I know. Things are changing and an increasing number of Cambodian women are educated. If you compare a UCLA graduate to a PUC graduate though, you'll quickly realize that education in Cambodia is still way behind.

There's also the idea (among the younger crowd) that if you settle for a Cambodian woman, you must be one big fat loser.
If you don't like it here, then maybe you should just fcuk off. In fact, I will give you 24 hours off to ponder whether you are capable of posting without trolling those of us who actually enjoy living here.

If you don't like it here, then you should move on. The airport isn't too far away.

As for the "guys in their late 20s/ early 30s" who can't find "entertainment and social life" here, they obviously aren't looking hard enough if their solution is to "move to Thailand/Singapore or head back west".

Agreed. I’m in my late 20s with a Cambodian missus and am pretty happy here
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:29 pm

tbh i think the opposite, the entertainment/social side is far more 'awesome' than the career opportunities Cambodia offers for a younger western guy in their late 20s/ early 30s

i think Clutchcargo had it right...
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:43 am A lot of younger guys find it difficult to live here permanently given the work/visa situation and earning a decent $. Not the case so much with older guys who are retired and financially independent.

being a younger guy in my late 20s/ early 30s its been the main(only) stumbling factor for me the past 6-7 years
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

To a large proportion of foreign men, entertainment and social life is drinking beer. A lot of foreign men die young as a result of excessive drinking. If a person makes a choice to not drink much, there is not that much entertainment and social life for any age group. Of course you might meet individuals you get on well with, and spend time with them. But you may not meet many of that type of people.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

explorer wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:57 am To a large proportion of foreign men, entertainment and social life is drinking beer. A lot of foreign men die young as a result of excessive drinking. If a person makes a choice to not drink much, there is not that muc.h entertainment and social life for any age group. Of course you might meet individuals you get on well with, and spend time with them. But you may not meet many of that type of people
Replace foreign with Australian and your paragraph is just as true. There are many men who find themselves loners, some by choice, others because their beliefs or behaviours are so repugnant that no one will associate with them. I think that living in KOW or Thailand doesn't t somehow make a man more friendly or his behaviour more or less acceptable. I rarely drink in the day time and I have friends that do, If one doesn't t drink I imagine there are the same opportunities to meet a lady as there is in Australia.. churches and coffee shop, maybe the market, where ever boring uptight straight-laced people bible thumpers hang out.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I have stayed in places like Sihanoukville in years gone by, where I spent some time with foreigners, and some time with Cambodians.

Where I stay at the present time, there are not as many foreigners. I spend over 99% of my time with Cambodians. Most of my friends are Cambodian girls, most of them learning English. Cambodian culture is conservative. As a result, it is often not the same type of relationship you would have with a Western girl. Some girls are conscious of not being seen with a man too much, so you can be their friend, but not be seen with them too much. Others think of you as a foreigner, and are happy to spend time with you. Many of them hang out with their friends, so you meet them in groups. Most are happy if you visit them at their homes.
explorer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:04 am I know a lot of nice girls I would like to introduce to nice potential husbands, many of them university students, but dont know decent foreign men looking for Cambodian wives.

If you spend time with Cambodian people, you sometimes have mothers ask you to find good husbands for their daughters. I tell them, If I met a good man looking for a Cambodian wife, I would introduce him to a lot of girls, and let him decide who he likes.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:02 am
explorer wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:57 am To a large proportion of foreign men, entertainment and social life is drinking beer. A lot of foreign men die young as a result of excessive drinking. If a person makes a choice to not drink much, there is not that much entertainment and social life for any age group. Of course you might meet individuals you get on well with, and spend time with them. But you may not meet many of that type of people
The key point is: Some people choose to leave Cambodia. They have a right to leave Cambodia.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

markd wrote:i guess her english is not good enough for joining this forum to meet combodias finest :greet:
She’s probably lurking on this forum right now. Non native English speakers who post often get mauled, either because of less than perfect English skills or non Western thinking. Once burned, thrice shy. Seeing others get burned makes the typically self-conscious Khmer even more shy.

Missus is unique. Wouldn’t matter if she was Khmer, Inuit, or Martian. The one and only born for me.

Facebook allows both sides to learn everything about each other and to participate in each other’s lives before ever meeting in person.

Good Khmer girls don’t do hook up with barang or Khmer men (unless it’s Jamie Lambo) that I am aware of.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic