Inside the New York Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture Cla

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CJM555
Expatriate

Inside the New York Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture Cla

Post by CJM555 »

I read this article about the New York Fed and listened to the interview and recordings, it's incredible stuff to read and hear about how hopeless and hapless these folks really are.
Thought I would share if anyone else is interested;

The article is on ProPublica and recordings and interview on This American Life;

http://www.propublica.org/article/carme ... w-york-fed
Barely a year removed from the devastation of the 2008 financial crisis, the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York faced a crossroads. Congress had set its sights on reform. The biggest banks in the nation had shown that their failure could threaten the entire financial system.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-a ... en-segarra
An unprecedented look inside one of the most powerful, secretive institutions in the country. The NY Federal Reserve is supposed to monitor big banks. But when Carmen Segarra was hired, what she witnessed inside the Fed was so alarming that she got a tiny recorder and started secretly taping.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Inside the New York Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture

Post by frank lee bent »

Criminals
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

frank lee bent wrote:Thieving criminal bastards.
Fixed that for you.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Reminds me of this speech by Jeffrey Sachs. Well worth a listen if you've not heard it before.

NO idea why that is not working.

Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCCr-uiqtAY#t=10
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

I kinda liked these comments following the article. And agree with them. [ Former Banker ]
"Americans can get their simple, little minds around
a story of a strong, burley man hitting a woman...."

About fifteen years ago, I completely stopped believing in democracy.

The average 'citizen' has no more ability to understand financial policy
than a dog does to understand the economics of the pet food industry.

Sheeple have as much ability to resist sophisticated media campaigns
as cats do to resist laser pointers. Allowing national management
teams to be chosen on the basis of popularity contests among overage
children guarantees we will continue to be 'governed' by smooth-talking
conmen and ruled by the corporate oligarchy.
I'm afraid you're right, it's enough to make a cynic out of a saint.
Well I was never a saint but I was certainly an idealistic kid once upon a time, way back when. I'm fifty-seven now and I've lost virtually every shred of faith I ever had in the wisdom of the masses. Maybe the Americans of the late-1700s were different but the present population of the late, great USA is not capable of self-government.

America today reminds me of a some Dickensian orphanage being run by a cabal of Fagins who are looting the institution while pretending to let the orphans vote on it's governance. The orphans have divided up into two parties locked in a constant, vicious argument about whether they should have ice cream or candy for dinner.

While the children bicker, the adult sociopaths up in the office are robbing them so thoroughly that it is just a matter of time before the place is totally bankrupt and everyone living there is out on the street.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

The Federal Reserve(s) in America are private banks.

" If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, than by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless.....I believe banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies"
Thomas Jefferson
1743-1826
Primary author of the Declaration of Independence
3rd President of the United States
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic