https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxing/ ... spartandhp

Rematch soon to be announced no doubt..
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses Heavyweight Title to a fat Mexican

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Anthony Joshua is a Big Stiff Idiot - Tyson Fury 2017

To be fair, Ruiz is an excellent counterpuncher with fast hands.

Robbery of the night was Katie Taylor losing 8 of ten rounds against a Belgian girl and still getting a decision.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I don't know much about boxing so i can't say if the chubby mexican is a good boxer or not.
But bloody hell, what a wild storm of powerful punches he can throw. How do you combat that?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the fact people are shocked amuses me, just wish i had of put money on it but i dont bet
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

To the OP, which one of your adjectives describing Andy Ruiz did you mean to be most critical? Fat or Mexican? By the way, he is American, born in California. And now HW Champ.
Kevin168
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kevin168 »

Obviously the outcome was meant to be like that. So many peoples loses money from this match.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cambo swa wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:30 pm To the OP, which one of your adjectives describing Andy Ruiz did you mean to be most critical? Fat or Mexican? By the way, he is American, born in California. And now HW Champ.
both his parents are Mexican so thats his ethnicity so he is technically Mexican but he was born in Cali after his parents moved to the states :D :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:52 pm
cambo swa wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:30 pm To the OP, which one of your adjectives describing Andy Ruiz did you mean to be most critical? Fat or Mexican? By the way, he is American, born in California. And now HW Champ.
both his parents are Mexican so thats his ethnicity so he is technically Mexican but he was born in Cali after his parents moved to the states :D :thumb:
Mr. Lambo, with respect, what the hell do you know about ethnicity of Mexicans and Chicanos born in the US, especially in California? He is American. Deal with it. Technically Mexinano??? What the f**k does that mean? WHat are you technically???
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I actually meant it in a light hearted way. I know he is U.S. born, but he was quoted as saying that, "I made history for Mexico" and they played the Mexican national anthem too, so I don't think he would take any offence to be described as a Mexican. Being described as fat, which he is for a World Heavyweight challenger (and now Champion), is a matter of fact. If I was being critical of anyone it would be of Joshua for losing to him.

Anyway, I have downloaded the fight from the Pirate Bay and have watched the intros, it's a good quality download. It is available here if anyone wants to watch it.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/331889 ... p_HDTV_x26
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

He's pretty Mexican, Mexican parents, played the Mexican anthem, flew the Mexican flag...

But yeah, technically a US citizen by birth. However all people anywhere in north or south America can call themselves American. The US doesn't have exclusive rights to that one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic