Ladyboy Snatcher Snatched by US English Teacher

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ladyboy Snatcher Snatched by US English Teacher

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): A 50 year old American man, who is working as an English teacher and staying at Angkor hotel, got a phone snatched by a ladyboy at 01:45 am, on June 01, in Phnom Penh. The suspect was identified as Non Sopheak, a 25 year old ladyboy and thief.

Before the incident, the victim was walking on street 154 in the direction from west to east. On the corner of street 13, the suspect rode up on an Icon motorbike and attempted to snatch the phone from the victim. But the American man was stronger than the ladyboy thief and he hung on to his phone. This so unbalanced the suspect that she fell off her motorbike.
The police arrested the suspect immediately and detained her for case preparations.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Ladyboy Snatcher Snatched by US English Teacher

Post by explorer »

More people should stand up to these phone and bag snatchers.

I know, often you dont see it coming and are totally unprepared.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Moral of the story, don't play Facebook while walking home from GSM at 2am.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This is another one of those "ladyboys" who are just thieves who get dressed up so they can more easily approach drunken men wandering around Daun Penh in the early hours.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

They knew he's an English teacher because of his shirt.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic