Renew Cambodia Driving License?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: Renew Cambodia driving license

Post by whatwat »

Glauco83 wrote:I go to day to aon mall2 they didn't renew my because is expire from more than one year, so they want a ne resident letter
That is a pain.

It is only the Chinese that have to do a test?

I’ve heard of barang doing the tests and getting a 10 year one but never seen one with my own eyes. It’s always “A mate” etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ Plenty of foreigners have sat the test and received a 10 year license, it's not a myth.

Chinese must sit the test, they're not allowed to convert their home license to a 1 year Cambo license.
Bibi
Expatriate
Greece

Post by Bibi »

Thank you, this is very useful. Two of my friends went to AEON 2, followed the process and said it was easy and quick. One of them wanted to give a tip to the admin officer who refused! At least something that is changing for the best ...
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Post by Glauco83 »

Now next week I will go to try again with the residence letter, anyone now exactly how many days of visa I need to have to renew the driving license? If I remember right is 3 weeks but I need ro be sure because I have only one month visa more and I don't want go pp for the third time for nothing..

Sent from my vivo 1806 using Tapatalk

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Glauco83 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:58 pm Now next week I will go to try again with the residence letter, anyone now exactly how many days of visa I need to have to renew the driving license? If I remember right is 3 weeks but I need ro be sure because I have only one month visa more and I don't want go pp for the third time for nothing..

their website says 6 weeks.

<edit>
Sorry, this is my source:

https://www.movetocambodia.com/living-i ... g-license/

Last year I was told I needed at least 3 months left on my visa.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:43 pm
Glauco83 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:58 pm Now next week I will go to try again with the residence letter, anyone now exactly how many days of visa I need to have to renew the driving license? If I remember right is 3 weeks but I need ro be sure because I have only one month visa more and I don't want go pp for the third time for nothing..

their website says 6 weeks.
That sucks,
was hopping i could come in on an ordinary visa, ( 30 days) and apply for a NEW Cambodian drivers license

Guess i will buy the car and just drive it on my Thai license> :beer3:
in Cambodia, do you insure the car or the driver?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

Seems most of the info here is about car license. Is it same for A2 bike license?
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

andy1 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:11 pm My Cambodian licence ran out 2 years ago can i just renew?
Andy, did you find this out? When I come back I will have an expired license. I won’t have a landlord

I want a license I can use during my visits.

Added expense to get it done is not a barrier
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

At the AEON 2 Office They accepted my visa with 4 weeks left on it today. So it’s 4 weeks there.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 am
andy1 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:11 pm My Cambodian licence ran out 2 years ago can i just renew?
Andy, did you find this out? When I come back I will have an expired license. I won’t have a landlord

I want a license I can use during my visits.

Added expense to get it done is not a barrier
No,It seems an expired one can be renewed but have not found out how old they will accept.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic