UK Euro Election Results - Brexit Party Wins

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: UK Euro Election Results - Brexit Party Wins

Post by Doc67 »

A picture speaks a thousand words
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

A bit of context from a friend.
Following the 2014 European Elections there were 44 Brexit supporting MEP's, and just 9 Remain.
Fast forward 2019 EU Election, there are now 32 Brexit supporting MEP's and 28 Remain.
Leave lost 12
Remain gained 21.
The Brexit party didn't come from nowhere - they succeed UKIP. They didn't inherit all of UKIP's and the Tories seats.
They managed to better UKIP's 2014 total by 4.
Given the clear majority for pro- remain parties it's absurd to claim the reconfirmation of Brexit. Jog On. :hattip: :hattip: :hattip:
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

I reject the UK results of the latest MEP election. I feel the UK people were lied to and didn't understand the true ramifications of that election. I feel my vote has been STOLEN. I demand another UK MEP vote after a couple years of debate and delay and fear-mongering. A People's Vote ,this time. After all how can another election not be democratic?
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

YORKIE wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:15 pm A bit of context from a friend.
Following the 2014 European Elections there were 44 Brexit supporting MEP's, and just 9 Remain.
Fast forward 2019 EU Election, there are now 32 Brexit supporting MEP's and 28 Remain.
Leave lost 12
Remain gained 21.
The Brexit party didn't come from nowhere - they succeed UKIP. They didn't inherit all of UKIP's and the Tories seats.
They managed to better UKIP's 2014 total by 4.
Given the clear majority for pro- remain parties it's absurd to claim the reconfirmation of Brexit. Jog On. :hattip: :hattip: :hattip:
It's always great to see another country where politics have sunken into the gutter. It's not just in the USA.

Yorkie my friend, your maths is almost as bad as an American's.

There are 43 Brexit supporting MEPs, not 32. That leaves just 30 supporting remain.

Even as an American, I am aware that the official Tory and Labour policy is to leave, not to stay. It may change but as of now the Brexiteers have had a resounding victory.

I am also aware that remainers will twist and turn every statistic they can to try and make their loss look better. The remain camp have one major card to play...the BBC. A more biased remain organisation would be very hard to find.
All members are equal but some members are more equal than others
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic