Job interview, wish me luck

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Job interview, wish me luck

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

Hope it went well!
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Next stage, will keep you all updated

wish me double luck xxx
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

I was 0/20 in job interviews in my home country and 19/20 for job interviews in Thailand.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Patcan wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:36 pm I was 0/20 in job interviews in my home country and 19/20 for job interviews in Thailand.
Obviously the Thais are more intelligent as to job interviews. :bow:
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

2nd stage today, fingers crossed.

Otherwise anyone want to give me a job in Cambodia or Vietnam? I'm deadly serious! I'm only in the UK to save up enough to get back out to Asia... I think it's probably time I did a TEFL and made the jump to Vietnam... watch this space!
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Lobanica
BANNED

Post by Lobanica »

Patcan wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:36 pm I was 0/20 in job interviews in my home country and 19/20 for job interviews in Thailand.
And how did it happen? You lived in another country, right?
Lobanica
BANNED

Post by Lobanica »

I am very interested in why this happened. You didn't want to work or you didn't have the opportunity. I am a programmer by profession and when I graduated from university, I started looking for a job in my specialty. About 10 times I was rejected because they saw that I was inexperienced and young. I was already desperate, I thought that I had wasted my time at the university and I was not a good programmer. But my best friend, who studied with me, found a job very quickly. And he recommended me to a company that helps with writing a thank-you letter . I didn't even know what it was. But as soon as I sent my resume to another company, and after the interview, they sent a thank-you letter, I was hired. How the fuck does this work, my friend is a fucking genius?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

link spam much?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

The only job interview I ever had to endure being the applicant was for a research assistant position at college. Nobody wanted the job, to be blunt, so the professor more or less just went through the motions.

Even now, after having been sitting on the other side of the table for two decades, I still dislike job interviews. The lies, the pretense, the waste of time.

OP, best of luck to you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic