British English Teacher TIMOTHY JAMES SEARLE Dies in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British English Teacher TIMOTHY JAMES SEARLE Dies in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): A 33-year-old English teacher from Sutton, England, UK, TIMOTHY JAMES SEARLE , was found dead on May 22, 2019, at 10 am, in a rented house on street 21, Sangkat Tonle Basac, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh.

According to the landlord, he went to water the flowers, and he noticed the smell of death coming from the victim's room. He hadn't seen the victim for 3-4 days, so he suspected something was wrong and called the police immediately.

Police arrived at the scene and found the body of the deceased in his room. After the examination of the body, the police determined that the victim died of a heart attack. The body was taken to keep at Khmer Soviet Friendship hospital waiting for the embassy to contact the victim's family.
RIP and condolences to his family.

Timothy Searle was born in Sutton, England, United Kingdom on October 17, 1985, making him 33 years old when he died. He goes by the name Tim James on Facebook, and his ex girlfriend, who he had a kid with and broke up with 2 years ago, showed up at his house after he was pronounced dead and told police that he suffered from a disease that required medical attention quite often, and she had suggested to him to go back to England for treatment, but he told her that he'd rather just die in Cambodia. He has been living in Cambodia since at least 2015.

May he rest in peace and condolences to all his friends and family.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: British English Teacher TIMOTHY JAMES SEARLE Dies in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Damm, R. I. P to the young fellow

Anybody know him?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:30 pm Damm, R. I. P to the young fellow

Anybody know him?
If it's the same person I think it is then he is known around 172 and frequent visitor of Sinan restaurant and Sundance.

Related or unrelated story, a girl I knew was introduced to a British Timothy James who had a daughter with an ex and that guy introduced her to heroin. 3rd or 4th time of trying there was an overdose, she lived with severe brain damage and could not walk or talk properly for a long time. I don't know if she ever recovered. Dyed her hair red and spoke some French. Used to pick up tourists and English teachers in Pontoon.

It looks like and sounds like the same person. If I really wanted answers I would talk to the big titty bellydancer from next-door of River house.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

IF that guy REALLY introduced a girl to Heroin, he deserved to DIE! MHO!
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I didn t realize that English teachers teach either British English or American English.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

His father posted on Facebook today about attending the cremation. It appears from FB photos that his father may have lived in Cambodia too.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

fax wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:42 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:30 pm Damm, R. I. P to the young fellow

Anybody know him?

It looks like and sounds like the same person. If I really wanted answers I would talk to the big titty bellydancer from next-door of River house.
Is she a prophet?
pebbles&nightsky
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Why do so many young foreigners die of heart attacks in Cambodia?
You could be next.
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by The Whisperer »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:09 am Why do so many young foreigners die of heart attacks in Cambodia?
Usually going a bit wild and over-dosing on alcohol and drugs.
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by The Whisperer »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:20 pm I didn t realize that English teachers teach either British English or American English.
Most English teaching books in Cambodia are printed in American English although they mostly originate from Cambridge, UK. NB: not sure if originate is the correct word.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic