Retirement visa changes?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Retirement visa changes?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The request letter is a fairly new development, most agents will just produce it on their clients behalf and won't even have the client thumbprint it. I wouldn't stress too much about it, unless you're applying yourself directly with the DoI.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Brody wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:21 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:11 pm
But this thread is about the ER EOS...not the EB EOS.
True, sorry.

Interesting to read about the request letter. Rather simple but something that wasn't required of me last year for an EB-EOS.

It's good to learn of new developments. :thumb:
interesting. i was told i did not need to produce anything as I was renewing, not getting new, but then I am over 60. Had no problems'
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

pczz wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:10 pm
True, sorry.

Interesting to read about the request letter. Rather simple but something that wasn't required of me last year for an EB-EOS.

interesting. i was told i did not need to produce anything as I was renewing, not getting new, but then I am over 60. Had no problems'
Same. Probably not required but I also provide a pension and bank acc statement.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

pczz wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:10 pm
True, sorry.

Like I said, most agents will just produce the request letter on their clients behalf and won't even have the client thumbprint it. Do people not bother reading the entire post?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:54 pm Same. Probably not required but I also provide a pension and bank acc statement.
Shit Clutch, I had you pegged for a younger guy, like me.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Brody wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:05 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:54 pm Same. Probably not required but I also provide a pension and bank acc statement.
Shit Clutch, I had you pegged for a younger guy, like me.
Haha FWIW Mrs Cargo and her work colleagues were surprised when I told them my age..they reckoned I look 45..but they would say that wouldn't they?

Lucky genes or Peter Pan Syndrome?

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Off topic.. for those of you that date back to the 60s..

Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:20 am
ned kelly wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:46 am Theres an agent in Kampot saying as of this year you need a letter of retirement,previously you only needed to be over 55.

Anyone heard of this change?
Yes, I thumbprinted a letter stating how much I spent every month. Had to pay $5 for the letter (which the agent drafted after asking me how much I spent).
So you got the letter from the agent, but handled the extension yourself separately?
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

The following details may be helpful:- I year extension $288 taking approx. 15 days, 1 day express service if you pay an extra $70,thumbprint and sign a letter agent will prepare for you, you need to provide your address and telephone number. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

takeoman wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:46 am The following details may be helpful:- I year extension $288 taking approx. 15 days, 1 day express service if you pay an extra $70,thumbprint and sign a letter agent will prepare for you, you need to provide your address and telephone number. :hattip:
I guess they give you a receipt with a number and you also always keep copy of ur passport and current visa.
NO traveling, :-)

ONE question. if you come in on a 30 day visa, guess u need apply right away for ur extension so you dont get caught out not having ur new extension before ur 30 day visa expires and get hit with overstay.
OR?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic