Thief Snatches Foreigner's Phone Outside Panda Mart in Phnom Penh, Cambodia CCTV VIDEO FOOTAGE

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thief Snatches Foreigner's Phone Outside Panda Mart in Phnom Penh, Cambodia CCTV VIDEO FOOTAGE

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This footage was sent to CEO, showing the moment a thief snatched a phone off the table belonging to a foreigner who was sitting outside Panda Mart in Phnom Penh. This is the CCTV security camera footage of the thief walking into the minimart, then a minute later, leaving, and as he exits the store he grabs the phone and runs off, with the guy seemingly unaware, as he dozes off while enjoying a couple cold ones.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Thief Snatches Foreigner's Phone Outside Panda Mart in Phnom Penh, Cambodia CCTV VIDEO FOOTAGE

Post by angkorjohn2 »

So a stupid drunk barang sleeping outside Panda Mart with the phone on the table has it stolen...the idiot deserved it
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Thief Snatches Foreigner's Phone Outside Panda Mart in Phnom Penh, Cambodia CCTV VIDEO FOOTAGE

Post by General Mackevili »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 pm So a stupid drunk barang sleeping outside Panda Mart with the phone on the table has it stolen...the idiot deserved it
Here are his words:

This Cambodian guy caught me off guard when I nodded off for a minute, silly me.This happened in Phnom Penh at 23.00 on street 13 outside Panda Shop, right near the National Museum At night it's dark around this area and you must keep your wits about I didn't and it cost me my phone, but it could have been a lot worse, so lesson learned. Please share to stop this from happening to others, thanks.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 pm So a stupid drunk barang sleeping outside Panda Mart with the phone on the table has it stolen...the idiot deserved it
No-one DESERVES to have their phone stolen. Whatever the situation. I've never understood why some people love to find fault with the victim rather than the criminal. It happens all the time. Someone pops to the shop and happens to leave their door unlocked. Their house gets robbed. Must be the victims fault. Never mind that leaving your door unlocked is NOT a criminal offence, yet stealing what doesn't belong to you is. The victim was clearly asking for it. Some people talk as if the victim deserves to be arrested as opposed to the criminal.

Crazy. The fault of any crime lies fairly and squarely with the criminal. Let's not lose sight of that.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
DingDong
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DingDong »

Deserved to have his phone stolen?
Maybe the person that made this comment deserves to be drowned in the river. Phucking idiot trolls
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

xandreu wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:30 pm
No-one DESERVES to have their phone stolen. Whatever the situation. I've never understood why some people love to find fault with the victim rather than the criminal. It happens all the time. Someone pops to the shop and happens to leave their door unlocked. Their house gets robbed. Must be the victims fault. Never mind that leaving your door unlocked is NOT a criminal offence, yet stealing what doesn't belong to you is. The victim was clearly asking for it. Some people talk as if the victim deserves to be arrested as opposed to the criminal.

Crazy. The fault of any crime lies fairly and squarely with the criminal. Let's not lose sight of that.
The thief would say he deserved it.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Street 178 near Streets 13 and 19 has always been a hotspot for crimes against foreigners.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic