Martial law declaired in Thailand! NOT ITS a MILITARY COUP

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Martial law declaired in Thailand! NOT ITS a MILITARY C

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote:If this asshole and his entire family would leave politics
Thailand would have a chance but his ego wont let him.
Richard, please don't get that wrong. But here comes: Reading your increasingly hysterical posts on all "Thai politics" threads (also the ones you've been posting under your colorful new handle on the other forum you were "banned for life" from a few weeks ago), I'm starting to worry about your health. It's very hot and you're not that young anymore, why not try to relax a little? Maybe like those Bangkokians who had a very stressful way back home from work today, thanks to the suspension of public transport ahead of the curfew. I didn't see them running around like headless chicken. Heck, Thai girls have been busy posting photos of the cutest soldiers they've spotted on Facebook. I'm very sure you've actually witnessed more coups in Thailand than I have (it's only my second one), and I'd be glad if you'll still be around when the next one happens. :bow:
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Real life problems with curfew.
My girl's throwing dinner plates at my head, it's my fault she has no cigs allegedly.

Will the emergency services or anyone else deliver me 20 cigs if I give them a good tip?
She's Ok now, she made an improvised device out of a bottle of mountain dew, some tinfoil and a biro pen.

Then she raided the ashtray for some cig dimps for tobacco. Whilst smoking it, the delight on her face looked better than when we make love.

I still have to clean the mess up though because "they your plate not my promplem" she said. :?
=================================================================================================
A girl on a bike just asked me where i go and jokingly i said cambodia..... she replied "you get shot if you talk like that" and rode off. :lol:
=================================================================================================
ha yea..... the bar girls seem to be in a panic here.... there's negotiations happening on the streets that would make any government look incompetent!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"Reading your increasingly hysterical posts on all "Thai politics" threads " ??? huh?
Its just another day down here :-)

just calling a bad apple a bad apple an what most thai's agree with
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

I don't agree with Alex. He should be more discrete with attempts to out people.

How are you doing Richard? Any funny happenings?

As far as the Coup goes, something had to be done. There's no way to judge fairness of actions yet.
Last edited by Milord on Fri May 23, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

its just another day here :-) ( overcast and hot)

although must admit it was very quiet last night on my street :-)

Wait and see what happens over the weekend.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Between this and the visa run crackdown, tourism is already suffering.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Army Occupies Thai-Lao Border To Cut Off Red Escapes,
Traffic across the border was allowed to continue with severe restrictions. Thai commuters were not allowed to leave the country, and foreigners were not permitted to enter. Soldiers at the checkpoint said they were ordered to stay until a change was announced by the central command.
http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?news ... 6&section=

BY stopping them fleeing the country am sure they have plans to round them all up

I see that the Pailin border is shut down as well an Poi Pet closes at 5 pm and am sure there and at Osmach there is army presence.

I am NOT acting hysterical btw!!! 55555
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote:"Reading your increasingly hysterical posts on all "Thai politics" threads " ??? huh?
Its just another day down here :-)

just calling a bad apple a bad apple an what most thai's agree with
Just another day down there, I'm glad to hear that! :beer3:

Calling a bad apple is one thing. Thinking that if he disappeared then all the problems would be gone as well quite another thing. I'm sure you don't really believe that, your history with Thailand goes back longer than that and the mindset/sense of entitlement that certain handouts have created won't be undone easily, if at all (not judging that by the way, just stating it as a fact). It's your wording that's hysterical ("the shit will hit the fan", "the asshole", ...), I'd certainly agree with some of the points you're making.
Milord wrote:I don't agree with Alex. He should more discrete with attempts to out people.
Okay, next time I'll be as discreet as you, I promise. :good:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

A bit bizarre in Pattaya where apparently the Navy have taken over control of the main police headquarters on beach road. Apparently the head of the police is a hardcore red-shirt but was in Bangkok at the time with his wife.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic