Small truck or van?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Small truck or van?

Post by StroppyChops »

I'm planning on buying out Chiang's worldly goods, pets, plants and children tomorrow and will need to transport my haul back to the cave. Does anyone have a contact with a small truck or van that they trust enough to recommend?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
bendix
Expatriate

Re: Small truck or van?

Post by bendix »

StroppyChops wrote: I'm planning on buying out Chiang's worldly goods, pets, plants and children tomorrow and will need to transport my haul back to the cave. Does anyone have a contact with a small truck or van that they trust enough to recommend?

What's wrong with just using a couple of tuktuks? You'd be amazed how much stuff they pack in. I doubt you need a truck an tuk tuks would be much cheaper.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

StroppyChops wrote: Does anyone have a contact with a small truck or van that they trust enough to recommend?
Personally, it doesn't sound like you'll be moving anything that requires too much trust.

First, right out side of Murray's Place there are trucks that do just that, but they tend to be expensive.

I've always found my movers by going to the furniture stores on Monivong and asking them. They usually know the routine.

They might want to do it after 4 or 5 or maybe on another day because they'll want to do it off the clock.

And I'm with Bendix. I bet a TukTuk will be more than enough from what it sounds like you're doing. You'd be surprised.

To have him running around town making big hauls, I'd guess they'd charge you around $20.

Maybe double that for a truck.

Sent from my Google Glasses using Tapatalk
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

All good input, thanks for that.
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

We used the truck once (sorry I can't find the number and source of where we got the number from) - but we needed to move in one day and literally from one side of the city to the other. It costed us $40 I think plus tips to movers (who we didn't ask for and the truck just turned up with random 5 people).
But before that we always just used tuk-tuks for moving and buying furniture etc. They will cost you less and usually enough for what you need.
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

SockPuppet wrote:It costed us
:unknown:
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

OrangeDragon wrote:
SockPuppet wrote:It costed us
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Went with the friendly neighbourhood tuktuk driver, $15 and multiple trips. He called in his mate with a truck who wanted $30 to shift one small TV stand and produced a lot of saliva, repeatedly, when I said no.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

StroppyChops wrote:Went with the friendly neighbourhood tuktuk driver, ...
Wise choice.

Sent from my Google Glasses using Tapatalk
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:Wise choice.
Choke. You what, now? Who are you, and where did you bury the body?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic