Land mine museum info?!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
IDGAF
Expatriate
Australia

Land mine museum info?!

Post by IDGAF »

Should I do it after doing Ankor Wat or do it one day on its own, and maybe include the war museum?

I imagine it would be an hour or 2 to look around?

But I see its about an hour from SR so not really sure what is the best way to do this and the war museum?!
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Land mine museum info?!

Post by Spigzy »

War museum & landmine museum, are you ex-special forces by any chance?

From the other more touristy type question about Angkor Wat on your other thread, I'd recommend visiting the Cambodian Cultural Village if it is open during your visit (many shows & entertainment - the Jayavarman VII finale is quite an epic if it is on, but not always shown sadly), that along with the standard Angkor National Museum which is pretty good for content at least (those military "museums" look bereft of anything to see). The Cultural Village is also close to the War Museum and perhaps only 20 mins from anywhere in Siem Reap town, not quite sure where you saw "an hour" from?

If you are doing the landmine museum then I suggest you do it as part of your Angkor Wat day pass - it is out by Banteay Srei which is worth a visit in itself; it's a (little) bit different to the other temples with Hindu heritage & the carvings have survived the years better than most. This one is further out, but again you can hit two birds with one stone whilst out that way.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
IDGAF
Expatriate
Australia

Post by IDGAF »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:44 pm War museum & landmine museum, are you ex-special forces by any chance?

If you are doing the landmine museum then I suggest you do it as part of your Angkor Wat day pass - it is out by Banteay Srei which is worth a visit in itself; it's a (little) bit different to the other temples with Hindu heritage & the carvings have survived the years better than most. This one is further out, but again you can hit two birds with one stone whilst out that way.
Hell no, I was too free minded to join the military. I tried but was put off by their "games" (tests to make sure you were desperate enough to actually do what you were told). At one time I was as fit, or maybe fitter than most of them. It would be nothing to run 20kms after work (which is/was the toughest job in the world apparently). Hell, just the other day I drove 27 hours across Australia so I still have a little toughness in me, but its fading fast.

Thanks, will prob do something tomorrow. Will check out grab taxi prices since the tuk tuks seem to be a bit untrustworthy.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The War Museum is close to town, it would probably only take 30 minutes to look around.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Has anyone been to the Landmine Museum since it was closed, and then reportedly reopened ?
newsworthy/museum-displaying-uxos-close ... e%20museum
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic