Aussie XL (under new management)

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Aussie XL (under new management)

Post by Arget »

Feed a family.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Maybe it’s why Australians are so fat nowadays compared to the 80s/90s.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Parmas never have sliced tomato, should never be called a parmi, should always be crumbed, should have some ham under that cheese, and aren't designed to be shared.

Back in the sub $10 parma and a pot days, they were half the size. Now any meal in any Australian pub is $25+ and portioned for Americans.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

epidemiks wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:22 am and portioned for Americans.
Nah, I think you're doing just fine with your own fat-fuck portioning, but thanks anyway for the gratuitous Yank bashing. :thumb:

epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Brody wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:22 am and portioned for Americans.
Nah, I think you're doing just fine with your own fat-fuck portioning, but thanks anyway for the gratuitous Yank bashing. :thumb:

Sensitive petal aren't you?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

epidemiks wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:18 pm Sensitive petal aren't you?
Not really darling, I just don't suffer fools. :thumb:
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 am I thought it was bought by a singaporean/malaysian guy. Seems (from various other reports) that the food has improved since the Aussies were in charge of the menu :stir:
There might be singaporean/malaysian part owning it too but there are still aussies behind it.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

rogerrabbit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:46 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 am I thought it was bought by a singaporean/malaysian guy. Seems (from various other reports) that the food has improved since the Aussies were in charge of the menu :stir:
There might be singaporean/malaysian part owning it too but there are still aussies behind it.
I stayed at XL for a couple of months before I left PP. It was sold to a Chinese/Malaysian family. Father bought it for daughter and son-in-law to run. They were a quite pleasant family and after they bought it, the place was full every night. I don't know the reasons, but they then sold it to another Aussie guy recently. I'll be passing through PP soon, and will definitely be having dinner there once or twice.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Yerg wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:07 pm
rogerrabbit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:46 pm
I stayed at XL for a couple of months before I left PP. It was sold to a Chinese/Malaysian family. Father bought it for daughter and son-in-law to run. They were a quite pleasant family and after they bought it, the place was full every night. I don't know the reasons, but they then sold it to another Aussie guy recently. I'll be passing through PP soon, and will definitely be having dinner there once or twice.
Yes I stand corrected I was unaware it was sold again back to an Aussie. :hattip:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

epidemiks wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:22 am Back in the sub $10 parma and a pot days, they were half the size. Now any meal in any Australian pub is $25+ and portioned for Americans.
Cambodian restaurant portion sizes are generally quite small, but you get used to eating less than you would in the west. Aussie or US portions look outrageous.

This is pretty amazing. Present day US restaurant portions are four times as big as in the 1950's. I'm not sure how this came about or what it means, but it's undeniable. More is better, I guess. Unfortunately, no figures from Australia here to compare.
http://foododdity.com/serving-sizes-aro ... fographic/

Why ? Just why ?
http://foododdity.com/portion-size-new- ... fographic/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic