Downstairs at Oscar

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Downstairs at Oscar

Post by Brody »

Well, regardless. If Oscar's downstairs or upstairs or whatever is not paying for ad space on CEO then they should be. Especially after all this gratis publicity.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Brody wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:21 am Well, regardless. If Oscar's downstairs or upstairs or whatever is not paying for ad space on CEO then they should be. Especially after all this gratis publicity.
You are right but that is not their business model. Oscar can be given a lot of latitude because he offers a unique product in PP. and he does it with passion and style. If you talk with him you understand his love for rock music. The live bands are good and the bar has to pay the artists and for the associated equipment. Their drinks prices are if anything a little below the average for hostess bars, and the others just provide a desktop and speakers with a wifi connection to youtube.
In recent months I have often seen Oscar's with a full bar on nights when most others are quiet. I wish him the best of luck.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:16 pm I wish him the best of luck.
Oh, don't mistake that as a critique, I wish him well too. It was more of a cheeky back-hand aimed at Rozz for spamming about it.

But in turn, I will also expect free publicity from CEO for a new business venture I expect to have up and running soon! Because I will also have "passion and style" and paying for advertising will also not be a part of my "business model". :thumb:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Brody wrote:Well, regardless. If Oscar's downstairs or upstairs or whatever is not paying for ad space on CEO then they should be. Especially after all this gratis publicity.
I believe that’s up to admin.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

They should make Brody a moderator.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Brody wrote:Well, regardless. If Oscar's downstairs or upstairs or whatever is not paying for ad space on CEO then they should be. Especially after all this gratis publicity.
I believe that’s up to admin.
I believe you're correct.

As an established poster I think you're being extended some good will by them. That's very kind of them. Maybe you could reciprocate by hosting the next CEO meetup? One free keg sounds about right. :thumb:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am
Plenty of working girls carry luxury handbags.
Yeah, Chenal and Lious Vatton are popular. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

If anyone is interested I am organizing a Cards against Humanity game.

Saturday May 25, 5.30pm to 7.30, $5 includes one beer and some pizza (Olive & Olive)

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

What have you got against humanity?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 pm That and the local mamasan giving missus tips on picking up customers when she was in bathroom.
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:44 am Actually, she and her family are quite shocked I brought her there. It is definitely not lady friendly.
Does KNOTB's wife enjoy visiting places where Khmers presume her to be a hooker? It sounds like he knew exactly what Oscar's was about but took her there anyway. I don't get it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic