Whats your rainy day fund

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Whats your rainy day fund

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Most of my assets aren't liquid, but I do have some cash available. If I were to lose my job today and finding a new one was very difficult, I could live in Cambodia for around a year and a half I figure (by tightening the belt a bit). Way longer if I went back to my folks' home ;). I have almost no readily available cash in the west. Literally just enough for a plane ticket. I also have a credit card for that same reason (well, mostly to buy stuff online, but also in case of an "emergency"). I'm probably at the minimum in terms of readily available cash that I'm comfortable with at the moment, but that will soon be invested soon so next year I'll likely be in a potentially dangerous economic situation should anything happen to me.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

I have enough to live at present day prices for around 10 years. I would have to tighten my belt a little but not by too much. I hope it doesn't come to this because I would like to continue to develop a resort up here. So if the shit ever hit the fan I would more than likely just speed up what I am trying to develop but I don't want to have to do that and make too many compromises.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Most of my assets aren't liquid, but I do have some cash available. If I were to lose my job today and finding a new one was very difficult, I could live in Cambodia for around a year and a half I figure (by tightening the belt a bit). Way longer if I went back to my folks' home ;). I have almost no readily available cash in the west. Literally just enough for a plane ticket. I also have a credit card for that same reason (well, mostly to buy stuff online, but also in case of an "emergency"). I'm probably at the minimum in terms of readily available cash that I'm comfortable with at the moment, but that will soon be invested soon so next year I'll likely be in a potentially dangerous economic situation should anything happen to me.
Most of my assets aren't liquid=I got a toaster oven....yahama mio...25 year old khmer gf second hand obviously(willing to sell)....a shitty dell laptop....my bong...a few books on che....1 pot 1 pan....and umm...thats about it.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

cash 30k, amex and visa black, gem and jewellery stock at 40k retail price, car at 15k.

still saving to leave work this year
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Found
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Most of my assets aren't liquid, but I do have some cash available. If I were to lose my job today and finding a new one was very difficult, I could live in Cambodia for around a year and a half I figure (by tightening the belt a bit). Way longer if I went back to my folks' home ;). I have almost no readily available cash in the west. Literally just enough for a plane ticket. I also have a credit card for that same reason (well, mostly to buy stuff online, but also in case of an "emergency"). I'm probably at the minimum in terms of readily available cash that I'm comfortable with at the moment, but that will soon be invested soon so next year I'll likely be in a potentially dangerous economic situation should anything happen to me.
Pretty much where I am. I was laid off when my last contract ran out, and rather than hunt for a new job I enjoyed a month off... then stressed during a second month off when the new contracts didn't come in as fast as I'd hoped. Ate into my savings pretty nicely, but thankfully back at the grind and should have them replenished in a few months. I have a couple of investments I can ditch (at a loss sadly) if I have to in an emergency, but it wouldn't be quick and I prefer to wait for them to turn back up.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

I don't need a rainy day fund. I will just continually post drunken insults at fellow CEO posters until they hand me some cash. :thumb:
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

I have enough money to last me for the rest of my life....

As long as I am dead by next Tuesday!!!!
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic