Phnom Penh addiction clinics?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
vualgrimoire
Tourist
Norfolk Island

Phnom Penh addiction clinics?

Post by vualgrimoire »

Anyone know if there are any out patient addiction treatment clinics in Phnom Penh that do methadone maintenance treatment and what if any requirements to qualify for such?
I know not everyone agrees with this type of treatment but please respond only with actual info on location etc. rather than opinions on the subject.
Thanks in advance.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Phnom Penh addiction clinics?

Post by General Mackevili »

Hi, and thanks for signing up. I don't ever recall hearing about one, so I don't think there is. If it's an expat, going home is probably the best choice to make.

Best of luck.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vualgrimoire
Tourist
Norfolk Island

Post by vualgrimoire »

I think I found the type of clinic I was seeking. They are very discreet and very low key for obvious reasons.

And so folks know, next door in Thailand or down in Malaysia outpatient treatment is very good, much more humane than in the US and much much cheaper. You aren't treated like a criminal, as often happens back in the States, and indefinite maintenance is perfectly acceptable without penalty or judgement. If you need referrals for such places in Thailand or Malaysia, again just PM me.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

TPO Treatment centre might assist:

TPO’s Treatment Center in Phnom Penh is thé place in
Cambodia for out-patient consultation and treatment of all types of psychosocial, psychological and psychiatric conditions, such as stress, interpersonal conflict, self-esteem issues, sleeping problems, alcoholism, chronic pain, grief, trauma and psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, psychosis and schizophrenia.https://tpocambodia.org/tpo-treatment-center/
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

vualgrimoire wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:49 pm Anyone know if there are any out patient addiction treatment clinics in Phnom Penh that do methadone maintenance treatment and what if any requirements to qualify for such?
I know not everyone agrees with this type of treatment but please respond only with actual info on location etc. rather than opinions on the subject.
Thanks in advance.
Have you worked with drug treatment NGOs?
BenSimmons
Tourist

Post by BenSimmons »

vualgrimoire wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:33 pm I think I found the type of clinic I was seeking. They are very discreet and very low key for obvious reasons.

And so folks know, next door in Thailand or down in Malaysia outpatient treatment is very good, much more humane than in the US and much much cheaper. You aren't treated like a criminal, as often happens back in the States, and indefinite maintenance is perfectly acceptable without penalty or judgement. If you need referrals for such places in Thailand or Malaysia, again just PM me.

Can you tell me what the name and information of the clinic is? I am in Cambodia now and am looking for a place to get methadone now that I left Thailand. Thank you so much!
BenSimmons
Tourist

Post by BenSimmons »

Can you tell me the information of the clinic you found and the details of the program? I am desperately looking for a methadone refill since leaving Thailand.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

BenSimmons wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 pm Can you tell me the information of the clinic you found and the details of the program? I am desperately looking for a methadone refill since leaving Thailand.
Hey Ben, the guy who posted the original post has not posted on the forum since last year, so he could well be gone from Cambodia. There is a place suggested here.
Kuroneko wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 pm TPO Treatment centre might assist:

TPO’s Treatment Center in Phnom Penh is thé place in
Cambodia for out-patient consultation and treatment of all types of psychosocial, psychological and psychiatric conditions, such as stress, interpersonal conflict, self-esteem issues, sleeping problems, alcoholism, chronic pain, grief, trauma and psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, psychosis and schizophrenia.https://tpocambodia.org/tpo-treatment-center/
And I found another address for dealing with mental health and addiction issues at Sunrise Mental Clinic here:
post333969.html?hilit=clinic%20doctors#p333969

Both posts have links to phone numbers you can call in English. I don't know if they will have methadone, but maybe they can help you. Good luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic