CEO Meetup

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: CEO Meetup

Post by Arget »

Sounds good Rozz. How about 8pm start and those that have to go early can , others can go upstairs at 10 if they wish.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm not smoke filled
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am And not choke on cigarette smoke.
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:44 am non-smoking
newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 pm the cigarette smoke, all got to me
newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 pm The late hours
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm and at a decent time
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am And trying not to fall asleep since it’s well past our bedtime.
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:44 amlate hours
It sounds like you should just stay at home, forever.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Captain Bonez wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm not smoke filled
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am And not choke on cigarette smoke.
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:44 am non-smoking
newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 pm the cigarette smoke, all got to me
newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 pm The late hours
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm and at a decent time
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am And trying not to fall asleep since it’s well past our bedtime.
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:44 amlate hours
It sounds like you should just stay at home, forever.
You missed a few more..
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm not a family oriented place
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm Definitely not Khmer friendly (coming from a local)
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm No point in raising any more eyebrows with family and friends with them saying, and you took her where? (Fill in every bad stereotype of foreigners going through the Khmer brain.)
If only they had free fairy floss for the kids and a kiddie play area... :stir:
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

I've actually met a lot of former posters on both forums in person, and for the most part, the internet personas don't tend to match in my experience and I usually enjoy very much the person to person interaction.

Doesn't really bother me that some have been kind of wacky nutjobs online, I still like those people and consider them my friends in real life. Most of them don't seem to post anymore though.

That being said, I like to stay home most of the time like newkid, so don't expect me any kind of meetup. :)
Last edited by A10 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

How about Saturday June 8 at 8pm?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm No point in raising any more eyebrows with family and friends with them saying, and you took her where? (Fill in every bad stereotype of foreigners going through the Khmer brain.)
[Admin Edit: Trolling deleted.]
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Event has been created on Facebook, please mark yourself as attending if you are able. It will help with catering. :)

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm How about Saturday June 8 at 8pm?
With organising anything best to just set a date and bad luck if people can't make it good on ya for setting up this get together hope to be in pp for it
Thanks
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

fax wrote:Admin Edit: Trolling deleted.]
Sorry to disappoint your fantasies about me.

I never took the in-laws to Thailand, never mind Nana plaza, to celebrate.

Also, I took the BTS skytrain at Nana station to explore Bangkok. Never had any desire to check out Nana plaza. Compared to the majority of keyboard warriors on CEO, I am boring as can be.

You might have the hots for attacking me and missus, but please kindly fact check before slandering us.

Good luck to everyone on the meet and greet. Hope it will be a great success.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

newkidontheblock: Don't expect a reaction of fax, because he is banned.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic