Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Post by newkidontheblock »

Duncan wrote:When you arrive at the airport ,,, Can you get a 1 year ER visa ?
Not that I am aware of.

The airport only hands out ordinary E visas, good for 1 month.

Go to an agent or immigration across the street to change the visa type to EG EB ER EOS afterwards.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

You can convert your ER to EB. If one agent says no try another. It’s been done.

There is no 1 month ER only 6 or 12.

You could go to immigration and try and get a 1 year ER but I doubt they’d issue it if you’ve just arrived on a fresh EB Visa.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

davegorman wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:41 pm
Yes there is, you can get 1, 3, 6 & 12 mth ER EOSs, same with EB & ES.

Not sure why you'd bother though, unless you were really strapped for cash.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:15 pm
davegorman wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:41 pm
Yes there is, you can get 1, 3, 6 & 12 mth ER EOSs, same with EB & ES.

Not sure why you'd bother though, unless you were really strapped for cash.
plus note ONLY 6 and 12 month extensions are multi entry :thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

davegorman wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:41 pm You can convert your ER to EB. If one agent says no try another. It’s been done.

You could go to immigration and try and get a 1 year ER but I doubt they’d issue it if you’ve just arrived on a fresh EB Visa.
So it's possible to convert back from ER to the EB EOS. Have you any more details about where and how this was done Dave? Was it allowed due to any circumstances or hefty palm rubbing of the right person.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

AndyKK wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:30 pm
davegorman wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:41 pm You can convert your ER to EB. If one agent says no try another. It’s been done.

So it's possible to convert back from ER to the EB EOS. Have you any more details about where and how this was done Dave? Was it allowed due to any circumstances or hefty palm rubbing of the right person.
There’s a very informative FB group where you can find your answers.

But to save you time they usually end in “Call Kim” a PP based miracle worker.
kimsangtang
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by kimsangtang »

VISA RUN AT MOC BAI – VIETNAM VISA RUN
If you’re reading this I’m guessing you’re thinking of doing a border run sometime soon, if not then you’re probs just here for a good time… and thats rad too! This process is painless, very relaxed and I’d say actually kinda enjoyable if you’re doing it with a friend.

How to Do a Border Run in Moc Bai Border Check Point
How to make Visa run to Moc Bai from Sai Gon
How to make visa run at Border
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
Approval letter for tourist (takes 3-5 days to receive this letter) around 15 usd . Can do at any agency in Sai Gon or at Visa Thai Duong

2 x colour passport pictures.

How to Do a Border Run in Moc Bai Border Check Point
How to make visa run at Border
How to make Visa run to Moc Bai from Sai Gon
How to get Vietnam visa at Moc Bai border ?
About 35$ cash for the Cambodian Visa. Must be in Dollars!

Paid 25$ cash for your Vietnam Visa (3 month multiple entry, there are cheaper options if it’s a shorter stay).

Your Passport

Bus to the border and back (50,000d one way).

And paid some coffee money for some services at border if no want trouble

HOW DO YOU GET TO THE BORDER?

You will need go into District 1 to the bus stop next to Cong Vien Le Lai park or 302 Cong Hoa st. Here you will hop onto the 703 bus , Cambodia bus to Phnom penh they also drop at border.

This bus goes from District 1, to the bavet Cambodian border and takes around 3 hours. The bus costs 50 000d to get to the border. It’s a shitty, uncomfortable bus thats definitely seen better days, but hey it’s defs got character. It may seem a little overwhelming as there are hundreds of buses at the bus stop… just look for the bigger “overnight” buses, thats where the 703 bus will be parked (when in doubt – ask the locals).

The bus Limousine – VIP bus price 220.000 vnd , or private car at 302 Cong Hoa st, Thai Duong tourism agency and there also include Stamp fee.

WHATS THE PROCESS WHEN YOUR GET TO THE BORDER?
When you get off the bus 703 you will need to walk to the left through an empty car park (it was empty when we were there), once you’re through you will see a sign that says 400m Moc Bai border, follow that and you’re there.

Go into the main building, do not get scammed by the men waiting for suckers like us. They’ll say that it’s 100 000d for a passport stamp, NO IT’S NOT… they’re meaning to take your passport and jump the queue (so maybe if you’re in a rush it’ll be helpful). Just wait in the line, you do not need to pay any extra “hidden” costs. Here you will just get stamped out of Vietnam.

Then you will need to walk through no mans land until you reach the Cambodian Border. Here you will fill out a form given to you by the officials, (once again don’t get scammed). When you hand your form in you will then pay the 35$. Now you will wait in another queue to get your Visa and your entry stamp. Once this is done you are now in Cambodia,vietnam private tour

Okay now lets go back to Vietnam…

We now have to get stamped out of Cambodia, the exit gate is next to the arrival gate. Walk around to the other side of the building and to the first little gate house/kiosk thing… here you will get stamped out of Cambodia. You will then walk through no mans land once again and reach the Vietnam border.

Once you’re here you will fill in your last form, hand in all your documents and the 50$ cash. You will need to wait around for your Visa to be approved, we waited no longer than 20 minutes. When you receive this you will then wait in the queue (5 minutes) to be stamped back into Vietnam.

SOME TIPS:
– Private car 600k / way

– Don’t leave later than 12:00pm. You don’t want to be missing that last bus back home.

– If you have a bike, there is parking in the park next to the bus stop.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

I just did a border run at Cham Yeam (Koh kong/Thailand)

I've heard rumors that at Poipet they ask for proof of funds (20,000 baht / $650)

They didn't ask me. Going back into Cambodia the guy wanted $37 for a tourist visa but when I showed him my friends business card ( *** General at the immigration department) and told him it's $30 and he can call my friend if he thinks it's really $37 he got quiet and took my passport to make the visa.

Pretty easy going and Koh kong is a breath of fresh air compared to Phnom Penh =)
CaptainNemo
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by CaptainNemo »

Poipet/Aran is a bit sticky, but more on the Thai side than the Cambo side, I think. I recently went in and out in space of a few minutes, and nearly didn't get back into Toyland.
I'm not like other boys...
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

Good luck with the E visa. I tried 3 credit cards all rejected. I then called my bank and they can't tell me why. Why can't government set up a website that works. Planning to visit PP Dec 1-6.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic