If someone previously died in your Room Rental/Apartment rental.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: If someone previously died in your Room Rental/Apartment rental.

Post by xandreu »

Considering that modern humans have been around for 200,000 years, there probably aren't many spaces left where nobody has ever died before. There are fragments of human bones underneath your every step and every building you've ever been in. Or is only recent deaths that count? If so, how recent? What's the cut-off point when ghosts can retire? Or does it only count if it happened in a room? If so, why? Why would a spirit be contained within a man-made clay structure?

Some people watched far too much Scooby-Doo when they were kids.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

If ya can't smell em it don't count
Pro tip Abt getting rid of girls though.
Just a few years late for me.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

cptrelentless wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:58 am
ofparadise wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:40 pm I'd rather not ask and know if stuff went down. but i also accept that there's a high chance of a death in the home, especially if it's an old property, in an old estate.

my usual housewarming includes...

a talk alone in the house to "whomever is in there" to not bother me, some prayers, and lots of incense to change the smell of the house, and I'll cook heavy smelling stuff for days for that same reason.

As long as i can relate to the smell of the place, I feel it's home.
My house warming involves farting copiously, if the spirits can stand this then they and I can live together. I've looped a rope around my wife's leg so she's not going anywhere.
Dang.. yea. That's a primal territory marking tool... why didn't i think of that?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I used to stay at a mates place in Perth that had two poldergeists so ghosts don’t worry me. A lot of people fled that house in a panic though.
I bought an apartment here years ago and when I began renovating I saw a ghost every day, usually in the bedroom. After the renovation was complete I never saw her again.
Later I asked my neighbour about it and he told me the old Italian lady died in the bedroom.
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

If it was a natural death non-horrifying death with no "body ooze" that's fine. Though after reading this thread though I'm going to have nightmares about furniture leaking body ooze. Anything else ooze, flesh-eating diseases, serial killer lair I am out of there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic