Welcome to Cambodia Expats Online!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Welcome to Expats Cambodia!

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote:i'll cook up some good avatars sooner or later. just adblock them if they're a problem at work... pretty simple really, even genmac understood how to do it, once shown ;-)
Much better than my old solution of putting black electrical tape on the part of the screen that showed the avatars when I'm at work.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

ryoon wrote:Well in my case, if I occasionally browse at work if I have some free time I clearly see this forum as "non work related".
Why should we have the boundaries and social convention of work applied on our free time just so that some people can wast time at work ?
I found it hard to think how consulting this or the other forum at work could not be a potential problem anyways. First they are well know ( at least for the other) and the add clearly indicated that this is for a recreational usage.

Plus OD avatar did not seems to be a major problem until recently, how did you manage before ? You do not see the add for the loco bar as potentially problematic ? Stain avatar was not bothering you ?
Go ahead and browse in your free time at home - I do, but I also like to come on occasionally during a free moment or 2 to see whats happening in the good land. If there are tits and ass bouncing around as soon as I open a thread - then that will mean (and I'll take liberty to speak for many) a whole lot of people who won't want to log on, just coz it's not work safe, which means less posters, and also potentially less revenue for the site........ just saying!
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

The T&A avatars are tricky for me. I'm often in other people's offices and using their machines. Don't think I can pull add-block on their computers?
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:The T&A avatars are tricky for me. I'm often in other people's offices and using their machines. Don't think I can pull add-block on their computers?
Use correction liquid instead! :lol:
ryoon
Expatriate

Post by ryoon »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:The T&A avatars are tricky for me. I'm often in other people's offices and using their machines. Don't think I can pull add-block on their computers?
List of the things that can be potentially a problem for me when I am at work (and I do not want/can't access the site with my mobile phone, like any normal independent adults)

- the add, I mean who in PP do not know those bar (not to mention the forum), only a glance at the screen suffice to tell "NOT WORK RELATED"
- The avatar, not only OD but other, stain being the most notorious.
- The picture posted, sometime can be "misinterpreted" when seen out of context.
- The smiley: The one obvioulsy drinking bear, showing toilet and such clearly indicate at a glance the none working orientation of the site

None of those things was ever a problem on those forum, and people adapted to them.

The avatar of OD were single out for political reason only.

This is not a work forum, I suppose OD could work on an other version , something like this http://www.asianfinancialforum.com/en/index.htm
Any avatar should conform to a strict etiquette and be validated independently by two mod, and of course the smiley are out.
This way the one who want to access the site at work could do it feeling perfectly at ease.

Wake up, if you want to access a recreational forum during your working hour this is your problem.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

ryoon wrote:Wake up, if you want to access a recreational forum during your working hour this is your problem.
+1.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

OrangeDragon wrote:i'll cook up some good avatars sooner or later. just adblock them if they're a problem at work... pretty simple really, even genmac understood how to do it, once shown ;-)
Some of us can NOT install adblock or other programs on our work computers, and can not use any other devices or computers at work.

Anyone who desperately needs to see T&A on avatars to feel freedom of expression needs to get a life.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Soi Dog wrote:Anyone who desperately needs to see T&A on avatars to feel freedom of expression needs to get a life.
As opposed to those who desperately feel the need to control the online behavior of others... ?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Flynn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Flynn »

You can also choose to not display avatars under the control panel.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Soi Dog, would you mind freeze framing your avatar. I don't like motion. In return I won't use T & A.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I JUST AD-BLOCKED IT.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic