Death Island- Koh Tao

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Death Island- Koh Tao

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Ian Yarwood wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:27 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:12 am Been there, it's totally fine imo... apart from the fire boys who seem a bit rapey/aggressive
Yeah, apart from the rapists, murderers & police plus everyone on Koh Tao who turns a blind eye, Death Island is paradise.

How many fire 🔥 dancers were working on Sairee Beach when David Miller & Hannah Witherdige were murdered? How many were employed by the notorious AC Bar that night/morning?

I mean my experience was totally fine, apart from the fire boys.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:36 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:12 am Been there, it's totally fine imo... apart from the fire boys who seem a bit rapey/aggressive
Yeah, apart from the rapists, murderers & police plus everyone on Koh Tao who turns a blind eye, Death Island is paradise.

How many fire 🔥 dancers were working on Sairee Beach when David Miller & Hannah Witherdige were murdered? How many were employed by the notorious AC Bar that night/morning?

My experience of Koh Tao was fine too. What happened between you and the “fire boys?”

I note that Andrew Drummond has commented on them in the past.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Ian Yarwood wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm

My experience of Koh Tao was fine too. What happened between you and the “fire boys?”

They were slightly aggressive and possessive of random girls, 2 sat next to me and naturally we started talking and after a while one of the fire boys came over and claimed they were both his gf lol.. they seemed a bit weirded out by him. My mate also got accused of swearing at one when he just used the word fuck in a general way, not directed at anyone.. we just decided to drink somewhere else instead, no bother.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:29 am

They were slightly aggressive and possessive of random girls, 2 sat next to me and naturally we started talking and after a while one of the fire boys came over and claimed they were both his gf lol.. they seemed a bit weirded out by him. My mate also got accused of swearing at one when he just used the word fuck in a general way, not directed at anyone.. we just decided to drink somewhere else instead, no bother.
It sounds like you were wise to go somewhere else to drink. It certainly helps one navigate through life when trouble is avoided before it gets a chance to have any great impact.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Ian Yarwood wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:59 am
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:29 am

It sounds like you were wise to go somewhere else to drink. It certainly helps one navigate through life when trouble is avoided before it gets a chance to have any great impact.
Lose/lose situation, why ruin a night and have potential fallout when turning the other cheek (walking my ass away) would suffice lol.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

The story of the death of 22-year-old Indian tourist, Samyak CHOUDHARY on Koh Tao has been published by the Samui Times this morning:

http://www.samuitimes.com/category/news/koh-samui-news/

It was previously unreported by the mainstream media although the story appeared in social media and this forum.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

“Drowned” tourist was reported as having some “red bubble liquid” coming from his nose when he was found face down in the water wearing a life vest.

Had he suffered an injury which caused internal bleeding before he drowned?

Divers and swimmers do get struck by passing boats in Koh Tao waters:

Shelly Bot from Canada was struck & killed by a taxi boat taking a shortcut on 16/2/2017. Her partner was injured. They were snorkelling.

Silje Mathisen from Norway was sucked into the propeller of a Pura Vida Diving boat in shallow water during her first scuba lesson with Scuba Junction. This was on 22/12/2014. She died very shortly afterwards with injuries to her head and leg.

A few years ago, an English girl suffered severe cuts to her leg from a boat propeller while scuba diving.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

I have published a new YouTube video in the last few hours that is a bit of a dedication to 17 foreigners who perished on Koh Tao including two of the latest casualties namely: Samyak Choudhary from India and Rocio Gomez from Argentina. Image

I will be interested to read any comments, either here or beneath the video itself.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

BREAKING NEWS FROM THAILAND AND MYANMAR:

2 Myanmar migrant worker previously convicted of the “Ranong 4” murders had those convictions overturned on appeal!!

This must give s glimmer of hope for the two Koh Tao murder scapegoats, Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo.

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/myanmar- ... iland.html
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

3 Days after the successful appeal in the notorious “Ranong 4” murder case, an English language news service finally reports on this important development.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/burmese- ... iland.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic