May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bankranter247 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:26 pm Brody and whatever the other dudes name is - BSCW?? michael.stewart1 the American who wished he was Russian, and was obsessed with all the dictators?? What the actual fuck are y'all even talking about??
haha we was taking the piss... :roll:
You must have lost some brain cells during that circle jerk you guys had earlier. You gotta chill on that fellas, get some pussy.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

So which branch was it then, since you're past the lychee milk and are strong on details? I've been with them for a few years, regularly use their ATMs downtown and never had any issues.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Tarndog wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:39 pm Did the mods censor the name of the bank? That’s chicken shit.
Is it? Are you telling me that you aren't aware of the bank being referenced? Whether it's been edited out or not, everyone knows. So why are you pushing a dead issue?
I'm pretty sure I do know the bank, but I follow the forums and Facebook groups closer than most. The OP is trying to warn people about a specific problem at a specific bank that has had a bunch of these complaints. Newcomers to this site or to this issue might have no other knowledge of this. Censoring posts because a mod decrees "I don't believe the poster" is terrible.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

complaints of this nature against this bank go back at least 8 years.
i witnessed an incident at the SV branch 6 years ago
the victim came straight from the atm outside to complain
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

The entire style and rhythm of this poster is the same as the guy who was asking for a loan before who was connected to another poster of the same style too. I have no reason to doubt his story but have never experienced this happening.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

JMEYERS101010 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:03 pm Hah Raven,

That was me lol.

I wasn't scamming. I DID get my money though.

School finally broke and ponied up 300 bucks.

All is well.

Glad your thinkin of me...

xxxooo
Of course people are thinkin of you. Your doing a great service to Cambodia's youth by teaching.

Back to the OP. I am firmly in the aluminium hat camp, I am behind several VPNs and 2 TORs and I am even inside a Faraday cage so that stray electromagnetic nuclei cannot be intercepted, and even I don't have the time or the the inclination to concoct such a preposterous story. It's an obvious fraud.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Smells like bat shit to me as noted.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

The thing that would make make me doubt this account is the OP claiming that he received a fifty dollar bill from an atm that dispenses dollars in the following denominations 10,20 and 100. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by talltuktuk »

That money with “COPY” on the bottom corner is not counterfeit. It’s fake money that Khmer people can buy to throw in the fire as this sends the money to their ancestors in the afterlife. They make paper cars, paper houses, and paper money all for the same purpose. The money has the word “COPY” on it for obvious reasons. You can buy it a number of places including in giant stacks at Makro. Whether or not it actually came out of the ATM is speculation. That being said, you sat on the money for a while before accusing the bank of giving you fake money. This one’s on you. Just because “it’s already happened to a bunch of people” doesn’t mean the bank should just take your word for it and fork over $100. They have as much duty to protect themselves as you do. You don’t think a bunch of people tried this as soon as the first story broke thinking they were going to get a free $100? Maybe the bank has an internal problem, maybe they don’t. Regardless, it would take you <10 seconds to check your money when you get it, especially after hearing that there’s a local problem.
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

talltuktuk wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:30 pm That money with “COPY” on the bottom corner is not counterfeit. It’s fake money that Khmer people can buy to throw in the fire as this sends the money to their ancestors in the afterlife. They make paper cars, paper houses, and paper money all for the same purpose. The money has the word “COPY” on it for obvious reasons. You can buy it a number of places including in giant stacks at Makro. Whether or not it actually came out of the ATM is speculation. That being said, you sat on the money for a while before accusing the bank of giving you fake money. This one’s on you. Just because “it’s already happened to a bunch of people” doesn’t mean the bank should just take your word for it and fork over $100. They have as much duty to protect themselves as you do. You don’t think a bunch of people tried this as soon as the first story broke thinking they were going to get a free $100? Maybe the bank has an internal problem, maybe they don’t. Regardless, it would take you <10 seconds to check your money when you get it, especially after hearing that there’s a local problem.
How hard is it to fan your notes and check under the view of the CCTV at the ATM? Use an ATM that is in its own cubicle???
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic