Need an electrician to rewire my lights

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ali baba
Expatriate

Need an electrician to rewire my lights

Post by ali baba »

At the moment I can either have 8 lights on and be too bright or 0 lights on and sit in the dark. Want to split them 4 and 4.
Scarier than malaria.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Need an electrician to rewire my lights

Post by beaker »

turn off the power and check the box where the switch is. How many wires are connected to the switch ?
If there is more than one set of wires going to the switch your in luck. Remove some of the wire set and see which lights are on. You will need a switch plate with multiple switches.
If there is only one set of wires to the switch then the are connect together in the wall or where ever they are at. You can disconnect the power at the light s themselves if you want them like that always or you can just loosen or remove the bulbs.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Buy a dimmer switch.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

DaveG wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:47 am Buy a dimmer switch.
Not all light bulbs are compatible with dimmer switches, which can be confusing for homeowners. Previously, before improvements in lighting technology, any dimmer switch would dim a light bulb. This is no longer true and now people need to know how to match light bulbs and dimmers to make them compatible.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

beaker wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:27 am
DaveG wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:47 am Buy a dimmer switch.
Not all light bulbs are compatible with dimmer switches, which can be confusing for homeowners. Previously, before improvements in lighting technology, any dimmer switch would dim a light bulb. This is no longer true and now people need to know how to match light bulbs and dimmers to make them compatible.
Incandescent or LED's are usually OK, some fluorescent may be suitable but need to read the packaging re use on dimmer switches.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic