Suggestions on Salary

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
grvsekhri
Tourist
Singapore

Re: Suggestions on Salary

Post by grvsekhri »

Thanks everyone for ur inputs, it would b of great help. Can anyone also share what is annual average salary increase in PP. In Singapore it is 2 to 3% on average.

Thanks
Mike Hoang
Tourist
Vietnam

Post by Mike Hoang »

Hello, everyone in the Forum.
As I recently arrive here, and I'm from Vietnam, I'm reading through forum discussions in the "Suggestions for Salary" section to find out more about the "cost of daily living" in Sihanoukville, which is where I want to work and live for a long time next time, and as in my personality on that site talks was the previous year of 2019.

The typical monthly cost is $1,000, which includes the following:
1. 1 studio or 1 bedroom apartment
2. Normal link to utilities. I.e., power, water, and internet service
3. Daily local transportation includes either renting a motorbike for a month or taking a public bus.
4. Eat out often.
5. Misc. (like cleaning, laundry, shopping, smartphone's 4G/5G internet link, gasoline etc.)
From the list above, could you please tell me if the estimated budget is enough to cover my own living spending at present time (year 2023 and later years)? Also, please add more important things if I'm missing them.

Thank you so much.
Regards
Mike.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Mike Hoang wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:14 pm Hello, everyone in the Forum.
As I recently arrive here, and I'm from Vietnam, I'm reading through forum discussions in the "Suggestions for Salary" section to find out more about the "cost of daily living" in Sihanoukville, which is where I want to work and live for a long time next time, and as in my personality on that site talks was the previous year of 2019.

The typical monthly cost is $1,000, which includes the following:
1. 1 studio or 1 bedroom apartment
2. Normal link to utilities. I.e., power, water, and internet service
3. Daily local transportation includes either renting a motorbike for a month or taking a public bus.
4. Eat out often.
5. Misc. (like cleaning, laundry, shopping, smartphone's 4G/5G internet link, gasoline etc.)
From the list above, could you please tell me if the estimated budget is enough to cover my own living spending at present time (year 2023 and later years)? Also, please add more important things if I'm missing them.

Thank you so much.
Regards
Mike.
Really depends what quality and style of living you expect to have.

1) For example the level of accommodation you need? There are apartments from $150/month up and you can find simple rooms even less. Modern condo studios start from $200/month.
2) For studio/1br apartment utilities bill should be under $100/month or around that if you use lot of AC.
3) If you plan to live long there, then buying motorbike is cheapest. Long term scooter rentals in Sihanoukville start from $80/month. Used scooters can be found from $300 up.
Currently there is no public transport in Sihanoukville, but they are currently planning bus network and they should be getting first 60 buses later this year or early next year. Anyways owning a motorbike is best way to go and then use Grab / tuktuk for those occasions when you cannot drive.
4) Again what type of food you are ok to eat. If you are ok with local food, street food for breakfast/lunch/dinner for $10 / day is doable.
5) Mobile internet in Cambodia is cheap. $5/month most likely is enough.

So living with $1000 definitely is possible but it all depends what are your expectations of living quality.
cambomech
Tourist
Australia

Post by cambomech »

You will live very comfortably on that salary.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic