Disgruntled Cambodia Expat (nothing new)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pathetic Cambodia (nothing new)

Post by timmydownawell »

The Last Word wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:46 am There's no water from midnight to about 4am around riverside, Solution fill up a 20litre bottle and use when there's no water.
Exactly it's been like that for months.

More recently though I am losing water unexpectedly at any time of the day but especially during the afternoons and 8pm onwards, in addition to the overnight cuts. I am on E5 though with no tank so that doesn't help. Pump being installed soon.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Pathetic Cambodia (nothing new)

Post by Brody »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:24 pm I am on E5 though
Ooofah, I hope your place has a lift.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Disgruntled Cambodia Expat (nothing new)

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doc67 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 am Just got home at 00:35 and there is no water. At all.

What a fucking shitty useless country I chose to spend a few well earned years in, doing fuck all.

Now I have to schedule my days around power cuts and no water.

Counsel for the defence may now rise...
Just checking in. How's the water situation tonight ? :mrgreen:
expatbullshiters
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by expatbullshiters »

ahhh i had to haul water in alaska and the toilet was an outhouse you had to walk though snow every morning to go to. thats a hell of a way to start the day!
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Not towards the OP.

If you don't like it, get a water tank and pump installed. If it's yours house. Wifey bought a house while I was gone. Installed those things, plus individual water heaters in the bathroom with a small pump for pressure.

If you're renting an apartment then you might be SOL unless you can get them to install it. Or look for a guesthouse that has these features.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

expatbullshiters wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:52 am ahhh i had to haul water in alaska and the toilet was an outhouse you had to walk though snow every morning to go to. thats a hell of a way to start the day!
That's nuthin' -
When I was a child we lived on the bottom of an old lake bed. Every day, we had to get up before we went to bed and lick the bottom of the lake clean; then: milk the cows and chop three cords of fire wood. After that, we had to walk ten miles to school, in a blizzard, when it was '20 below', up hill... both ways!!!
:wink:
You could be next.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I lived through the thai drought of 2002 -2004 that left no water issues daily, you will get through this as well.....

just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:

PS: buy some bottles of the stuff!
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Yes sure, but have you smuggled many many kilograms of hashish, cocaine, and ketamine between Africa, Europe, and Russia as I have?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Bertros wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:04 am I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I lived through the thai drought of 2002 -2004 that left no water issues daily, you will get through this as well.....

just sayin'

BUT.......... have you passed the driving test in Cambodia??????????????/
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Bertros wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:04 am I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

just sayin'

Are you Dr. Evil?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic