Girls being given away

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Girls being given away

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Often, when I read explorers posts, I think “good content” or “he has a point” and Iam almost about to upvote it, but then he says something total unnecessary. Man, you should talk less, because always the end of your posts loses Niveau.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Take my wife... please.
You could be next.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Interesting thread. I dont think any of this is far fetched and I believe this is probably far more common place than what we realize.
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:56 am
i seem to have read somewhere that they killed Chinese girl babies in China, seems to have been a common occurrence.
Idk if your post had sarcasm or not, but the law was recently changed. Up until not long ago China had a 1 child policy additional children and the parents were taxed. So the girls were killed for a boy to carry the family name. It caused a bit of a social issue with more men than women in the dating pool from reports in the US.
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic