Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Khartoum »

RIP Boomer.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by rozzieoz »

angkorjohn2 wrote: I just gotta say though Rozz, I don't know your motivation or what part of your brain is back firing today but sticking up his facebook posts (which you can only see as a friend I guess as I can't see them which indicates you were a friend of his) is really, really low in my book. I hope if you or your love ones pass they will be treated with a bit more respect from their friends instead of posting private posts over the internet.
He posted about his struggles publically so pull your head in, I posted nothing he didn’t post himself.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:33 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: I just gotta say though Rozz, I don't know your motivation or what part of your brain is back firing today but sticking up his facebook posts (which you can only see as a friend I guess as I can't see them which indicates you were a friend of his) is really, really low in my book. I hope if you or your love ones pass they will be treated with a bit more respect from their friends instead of posting private posts over the internet.
He posted about his struggles publically so pull your head in, I posted nothing he didn’t post himself.
If you find no shame in it then that is your thought process. I am not here to get into a public row on a thread of a dead man. I personally find it inappropriate. You don't fairs fair.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

De mortuis nil nisi bonum.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:20 pm EDITED: What I meant to say was only 'condolences to his friends and family.'
Shall we just say he was a polarising character?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Boomer spent a lot of time posting GT (Google Translate) versions of Cambodia news on various forums. He preferred the GTs to the worked translations, because they are so often bizarre. Not bizarre in this instance, but here is the unedited GT of the Khmer news of his passing.
A Belgian man was spotted dead on the 10th of July in the year of 2562 Monday April 29, 2019, at 12:50 pm at Guest House (White River 1), floor 1 Room 108, House 142A5, Street 172, Group 18, Village 4, Sangkat Chey Chum Neas, Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh.

Police said that the body of BOGAERTS PETER CARLO P of BELGIUM, a 45-year-old man holding a passport E*******.

According to the police, after the incident, the technical staff of the Khan and the Post went down to the scene and reported to the prosecutor and Office of the Scientific and Prosecutor of the Office of the High Criminal Division, Immigration Bureau, to establish the Scrutiny Review Committee.

As a result, the office of the Technical Office stated that the body died of a heart attack. The body of the body includes one passport, one laptop and some clothes were handed over to the Immigration Office.

The competent authorities confirmed that after technical examinations, the body was transported to the Khmer Soviet Friendship Hospital (Russian ), Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I'm glad to know that, because I don't post my struggles publicly, if I ever run out of strength, at least my dignity may be somewhat preserved.

R.I.P. Boomer
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Not posting on facebook at all is a positive thing and not taking part in social media ass well.
Maybe Peter lacked some people that he could count on in real life, but as I only knew him online that is just a guess.
Sad
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Pete Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out in 172 Room RIP

Post by GMJS-CEO »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 pm Image

So sad.
Went to his page and didn’t see this so I guess he set it for private viewing to only his Facebook friends, not available to public.

Did he post anything else in distress?
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by The Whisperer »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:04 pm Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): Belgian Peter Carlo Bogaerts Dies in St 172 Room

April 30, 2019
Phnom Penh: A 45 year old Belgian man, and long time Phnom Penh expat, was reportedly found dead in his room on Monday April 29, 2019, at 12.50 pm, White River, Street 172. He is believed to have died of a voluntary drug overdose.
His body has been taken to the morgue at Khmer-Soviet Friendship hospital. RIP
Please respect all those who depart this earth and always remember nobody is perfect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic