Being a “single” woman in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Being a “single” woman in Phnom Penh

Post by phkachhouk »

Thenewstoday wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:33 pm
Tarndog wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:12 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 pm
theres plenty of dickeds who get drunk and like to try and verbally bully people they perceive as weaker men,
electric zapper in right pocket followed by pepper spray, dont spray yourself.
Tell me then, who would be left to pay the bar tabs if everyone at a bar carried a taser and pepper spray, and used it when they perceived someone had verbally abused them???

For God's sake, if you can't handle the situation, maybe you shouldn't be there in the first place.
....or someone take it or have someone take it off you then zap you and spray you in the face.
Why do so many people want to revert to violence when it isn't needed.
Because in reality they are weak spineless wankers who act the big man online. It’s the internet.

He’ll end up spraying everyone in bar and getting arrested.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Thenewstoday wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:33 pm
Tarndog wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:12 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 pm
theres plenty of dickeds who get drunk and like to try and verbally bully people they perceive as weaker men,
electric zapper in right pocket followed by pepper spray, dont spray yourself.
Tell me then, who would be left to pay the bar tabs if everyone at a bar carried a taser and pepper spray, and used it when they perceived someone had verbally abused them???

For God's sake, if you can't handle the situation, maybe you shouldn't be there in the first place.
....or someone take it or have someone take it off you then zap you and spray you in the face.
Why do so many people want to revert to violence when it isn't needed.
:roll:
tbh being able to go out, let your hair down and get pissed in Cambodia with very little bother is one thing i love about the place, in England just bumping into the wrong person you can end up in a melee, too many gymed up bellends thinking theyre 10men :facepalm:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
oopsfermi
Expatriate
Puerto Rico

Post by oopsfermi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:18 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:41 pm
yong wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:19 pm In Thailand an asshole like this risked being shot believe you me.
Like this..
i thought i had seen total recall, but i totally dont recall this scene... i must re-watch...
OMG really?!? This was like the only scene in a movie I was able to fap to entirely from memory alone!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

oopsfermi wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:46 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:18 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:41 pm
yong wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:19 pm In Thailand an asshole like this risked being shot believe you me.
Like this..
i thought i had seen total recall, but i totally dont recall this scene... i must re-watch...
OMG really?!? This was like the only scene in a movie I was able to fap to entirely from memory alone!
im truly puzzled as to how this has happened, my punchdrunk memory is getting so bad :sorry: how can you not remember a girl with 3 tiddies?! :fool:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

A female OP explaining how shitty it is to try to have a quiet drink without some drunk guy beind an asshole turns into a thread of CEO misogyny central casting. How did OP's thread evolve (devolve) to 3 titties?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:12 am
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:45 pm You don't get that behaviour in sushi bars in islington :wink:

Charlie
birds are worse than the blokes up north ;-)

although darn south theres some nutty birds too
What are you talking about here! We northern guys have to live with these lovely ladies.
Charlie, the lass won't drop her chips for anything, also let her finish the pork pie then tell her the joke, you'll probably end up invited for a night cap. Yorkylasses haha
Always "hope" but never "expect".
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

cambo swa wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:30 am A female OP explaining how shitty it is to try to have a quiet drink without some drunk guy beind an asshole turns into a thread of CEO misogyny central casting. How did OP's thread evolve (devolve) to 3 titties?
The weekend arrived. (duck)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

cambo swa wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:30 am A female OP explaining how shitty it is to try to have a quiet drink without some drunk guy beind an asshole turns into a thread of CEO misogyny central casting. How did OP's thread evolve (devolve) to 3 titties?
Not unusual I think on here when a thread runs out of puff, the discussions and views have pretty much been exhausted and some levity is brought in. I think it's fair to say the first 75% of the thread was treated with due seriousness and respect..no?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Also, I've always thought some of the bars in PP have a bit of that 'wild west' to it. For example, go into the Candy bar in the early hours of the morning and you'll know what I mean. Hence the Total Recall bar analogy..strange characters and say the wrong word and the result can be dire.. Wasn't meant to mean anything other than that or against women.. .:hattip:
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:03 am Also, I've always thought some of the bars in PP have a bit of that 'wild west' to it. For example, go into the Candy bar in the early hours of the morning and you'll know what I mean.
I'm not a movie fan, so can you explain what it's like in Candy Bar in the early morning hours?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic