Otres I, Wish You Were Here....closing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Otres I, Wish You Were Here....closing

Post by John Bingham »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:18 pm
markd wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:11 pm cambo is slowly but surely falling off the hippie trail
Call me a boring old man, but I don't think there has been anything that compares to the hippy trail for a long long time.
The modern backpacker experience is far removed from the days before lonely planets and smartphones.

Say what you like about afghani sandals and morrocan glass beads, but at least it was real adventuring. Not now. (for most)
It's rather amusing to see how the new age traveler look was co-opted by poncy, rather straight-laced holidaymakers. Then again that whole scene was full of contradictions.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I do find it amusing (and sad) that so many old people look down so much on young people who like to travel & explore the world
Maybe they're all quite happy & enjoying themselves, apart from the times when they find themselves in the same bar as some miserable old farts ?
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

markd wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:11 pm cambo is slowly but surely falling off the hippie trail
Catch the wave or get dumped into the dustbin of history.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

Sidewalker wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 pm
phkachhouk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:03 pm Went to Otres years ago. Full of hipsters or elephant pant wearing backpackers all riding those noisy shitty Honda Wins, and looking so small under them.

Why do they all look so miserable when they’re not glued to their phones or telling some, like, amazing, like thing they, like did, like. Ever. Like. (I blame us for that annoying intrusion on English).

I hear they are all in Kampot now along with the cheap Charlie 50c lot. Now that’s funny!
Imagination that everyone is like you, that must be boring. :beer3:
Yes. Imagination that.

:tard:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic