Forget the Chinese and Australians, Instagram tourists are Bali's worst visitors

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Forget the Chinese and Australians, Instagram tourists are Bali's worst visitors

Post by phuketrichard »

on my last trip ( an it will definitely be my last trip there) in oct 20187, i'd agree. I would be at a temple or a scenic spot, see a tour bus pull up, out comes the crowd and gathers around the temple/site and bathrooms and 20 minutes later back on the bus.. :beer3:
Although Antipodean adventurers have been outnumbered by their Chinese counterparts in recent years - the island welcomed 1.4 million from the Middle Kingdom against 1.2 million from the Land Down Under in 2018, according to figures from the Bali Government Tourism Office - and both nationalities have their detractors, Destinations Known is electing another group for consideration as the worst type of traveller found on the island: the Instagram crowd.
https://www.asiaone.com/travel/forget-c ... 4c05rLM7D0
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Forget the Chinese and Australians, Instagram tourists are Bali's worst visitors

Post by hanno »

What none of these tours seem to offer, however, is originality. Each follows an almost identical route and affords little time at each destination to soak up the surroundings.
Pretty much par for the course everywhere in the world. I totally encourage this behaviour because it means I can avoid 95% of my fellow tourists without trying too hard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic