Customs question "Capital Tower"? HELP!!!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Customs question "Capital Tower"? HELP!!!

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello
Every month or so I have a parcel sent over from Europe, usually by Fedex - no problems. This time they used UPS and I just got a phone call saying I have to sort out loads of customs stuff.

She said I have to go to CAPITAL TOWER - Level 5 - Where is that?

Or - should I get a broker to do it all (as it also involves going to the airport cargo terminal). Is that the better bet?

Please help - it's got my new $4000 computer in it and I am getting worried - especially since I can't collect until after new year.

Thanks in advance.
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Customs question "Capital Tower"? HELP!!!

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello

Although I got no answer - I ended up paying a customs broker the incredibly high figure of $700 to sort it all out for me. ALl I had to do was email him a photo of my passport and give him the tracking number.

Sounds like a lot of money, but I claim it back from my corporation tax so no worries there.
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Customs question "Capital Tower"? HELP!!!

Post by Equinix »

You have to go to the Vattanac tower

Write a tax exemption letter (you can edit mine, https://www.dropbox.com/s/03uibt0qdw7ws ... .docx?dl=0 )

Take your documents with you (bill of laden etc, tax exempt letter, passport etc).
If you didn't receive all the documents you might have to go to the airport first to collect those documents.

Go to the 5th floor in the small tower (not the high one going to Rosewood) in the Vattanac tower.

Find someone there that can guide you to the right person. You'll be directed to a few diffrent people who will handle your documents. After that they will probably tell you to come back after lunch or the next day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic