PNH Visa check

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

PNH Visa check

Post by cambo swa »

The last 2 times leaving Phnom Penh airport (February, April) on an international departure they now have a secondary passport check at the desk just prior to entering the security line. Ever since the airport expansion that desk has always been there but never used. Now at that desk they go directly to your visa page in your passport before allowing you to depart. Only takes a few seconds but why it takes a second person to do that as your passport has already been reviewed and scrutinized seconds before? Revenue?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: PNH Visa check

Post by Cam Nivag »

I never knew what that desk was for. I always walked right past it. Are they now calling everyone over to stop there?
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

Isn’t it stop non flying people (family members) from seeing you off?

There’s a ban now if you’re not flying you can’t go in.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Always been there, never an issue, just an added security procedure for fk knows what .
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

phkachhouk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:28 pm Isn’t it stop non flying people (family members) from seeing you off?

There’s a ban now if you’re not flying you can’t go in.
Not quite. This is upstairs "after" you go through immigration. They have 2-3 immigration staff stationed there checking everyone's visa page. They don't even look at the face page of your passport. I assume looking for overstayers?
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 pm Always been there, never an issue, just an added security procedure for fk knows what .
Some generals nephew.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I noticed that on my last departure, but that time they seemed especially interested in the groups of Chinese departing and waved everyone else on. Maybe on a slow duty they keep the quota of checks up by doing everyone, and on the busy shifts, the Chinese meet the targets all by themselves.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic