Tips on visiting Ankor Wat?!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
IDGAF
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Tips on visiting Ankor Wat?!

Post by IDGAF »

Paulo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:29 pm Take an umbrella for shade. It will be really hot, dusty and dry.
I eat healthy etc, and a hat and sunscreen will do.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

It is seven kilometers from downtown to Angkor Wat Temple, 26 kilometers for the big loop, and 7km back. Basically as marathon but have fun running it. Oh, they will probably not let you into the temples in running shorts and vest, which should make the experience even more interesting;-)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

IDGAF wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:45 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:38 pm
I think he was suggesting that a man in your incredible physical shape with exceptional good looks could probably hop one-legged on the ay out to Angkor Wat and return doing handstands with two of the many Korean tourists you will no doubt absolutely charm with your fabulous personality, strapped to your inverted back. At least that is the way I interpreted it.
Its 5-6kms not a trek across a desert.
Not sure why you are so passive aggressive because some people are fitter/tougher than you are?
Sorry to burst your bubble.
It's 5-6 km to the entrance, while wearing your running gear they probably won't even sell you a ticket.

Are you familiar with the Cambodian climate? If you think about running or cycling this isn't the best time of the year. Better try around New Year.
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

IDGAF wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm
Paulo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:29 pm Take an umbrella for shade. It will be really hot, dusty and dry.
I eat healthy etc, and a hat and sunscreen will do.
Interesting. What kind of diet could replace the need for shade?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Go in the rainy season. Many days are overcast with no rain and there are not many people about.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

IDGAF wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:45 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:38 pm
I think he was suggesting that a man in your incredible physical shape with exceptional good looks could probably hop one-legged on the ay out to Angkor Wat and return doing handstands with two of the many Korean tourists you will no doubt absolutely charm with your fabulous personality, strapped to your inverted back. At least that is the way I interpreted it.
Its 5-6kms not a trek across a desert.
Not sure why you are so passive aggressive because some people are fitter/tougher than you are?
Sorry to burst your bubble.
In that case you could probably walk on your hands and pat yourself on the back at the same time. IDGAF ...passive aggressive moniker my super athletic hero
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

fuck; this place is getting like tof
if he wants to run, let him
no sweat off my balls
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I think you gave yourself the best advice. Hire a tuk tuk to take you there and back especially if it’s only for 3 hours. You won’t do better winging it trying to find a ride back.

He can also take you to a few different temples if you want.

The price is about $40 now I think so best make a good day of it.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:43 pm fuck; this place is getting like tof
no sweat off my balls
Absolutely, I am always supporting unusual behaviour.
On my first visit long time ago I ran out to Angkor Wat looked around for 2 hours and took a moto back to town. Got back in time for breakfast with my girlfriend.
Nice morning
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

King Keil wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:48 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:43 pm fuck; this place is getting like tof
no sweat off my balls
Absolutely, I am always supporting unusual behaviour.
On my first visit long time ago I ran out to Angkor Wat looked around for 2 hours and took a moto back to town. Got back in time for breakfast with my girlfriend.
Nice morning
I used to do that a few times a week. Alas, no longer possible.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic