Register/Login to CEO with your Social Media Account:
Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:54 pm
- Reputation: 1
I've just been offered a back office job in one of the casinos in Svay Rieng. Just wondering if anyone here can provide insights on what it's like living there?
1. Is there a hospital? If no, where would a nearest one be.
2. Is travelling to PP or Ho Chi Minh city on day trip something that people would do on their off days?
3. I'm planning to visit home via PP or HCM once every month (home is just a couple of hours away), which airport would be more convenient?
4. I'll be travelling between PP or HCMC as solo female traveller (not sure if being able to pass off as local works to my advantage). Which route is a safer one to take? Which bus company is best?
- Posts: 10963
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
- Reputation: 2316
Do you have a passport which gives you 15 days visa-free access to Vietnam ? That's most European countries I think, but I don't know about US or Australia. If you do belong to a country with a visa waiver for Vietnam, you would be good to come and go via HCMC, which probably offers more choice of flights than Phnom Penh.
As for the town itself, I don't know, but it could be interesting if you have a good job lined up. My 2c.
- Posts: 747
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:47 pm
- Reputation: 237
I think the visa waiver can be used once every 6 months.
- Posts: 925
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:50 am
- Reputation: 682
I think the bus rule is simply not to take Virak Buntham for any reason whatsoever.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 154 guests