Horizon Church

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Horizon Church

Post by willyhilly »

Anyone heard of this Pentecostal mob who have projects in Cambodia. The Australian PM belongs to them and they are wealthy and growing bigger fast especially in Sydney.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Horizon Church

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

""My husband ***** and I just returned from a two week Youth and Young Adult mission trip to Cambodia.
Our students (Australian students, on two week tour) absolutely flourished as they were challenged to lead classrooms and create their own lesson plans.

They were about to stand before classroom after classroom of students just a year or so younger than they are... to give all they had to serve these Cambodian students.

At the end of the day, it is all about Jesus. Always. Ever. Jesus.
There is just something about responding to the call “go” and being “sent” that opens our callused hearts

Thank you to all who have supported our students to Cambodia this summer! Your prayers and financial support is truly transforming the ends of the earth... ""
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

A Picture speaks more than a thousand words !

Browse through the link and look at the front row of black clothed deciples/con men and women. They're all westerners !

Monks raise China’s national flag at the Shaolin Temple in Henan, China (Sydney Morning Herald)

The Chinese authorities are not stupid. Religion is used as a Trojan Horse, not only in China but around the World. It's so simple to get people to do what you want if you claim that it's GOD's WILL !
Who on this planet can disobey GOD's WILL ?

https://www.albawaba.com/news/burning-c ... es-1212890

Guess who is the main donor of the Beijing based ZION CHURCH ? Can anyone believe that a ZION CHURCH actually features a cross instead of a D... Star ?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKCN1LQ07W
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:39 am Anyone heard of this Pentecostal mob who have projects in Cambodia. The Australian PM belongs to them and they are wealthy and growing bigger fast especially in Sydney.
Hey hillwilly, may i ask why the interest?
My post above was from Horizon members. It gives an insight into the mindset.
They seem to have a number of schools, centres, churches in Cambodia, not sure exactly how big.

The full missionary thing, extremely evangelical.
Mainstream, but still hardcore old school, "save the brown people's souls" kinda stuff.

Plus, don't forget Scott Morrison is primarily a marketing man - so they have the full slick suite of donation/ sponsorship/ school-excursions etc, for the big dollar fund raising.

If there is any big scandal wafting about, please let me know.
I am happy to assist in anything that may hasten the removal of your prime minister.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

visa's are cheap. Let them come. The locals will eventually put them in their place if they overstep their boundaries.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic