Disabled people get married

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Disabled people get married

Post by The Whisperer »

explorer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:13 am People sometimes talk about how Cambodian and other South East Asian girls are happy to marry old men.

You dont normally hear that they also marry disabled men. That is, Cambodian girls marry disabled Cambodian men.

In Western society is is often difficult for disabled people to find a spouse. Some do, but many stay single their whole lives.

In Cambodia disabled people are normally included in family life just like everybody else, unless their disability prevents it. Many also get married, and have children, just like everybody else.

I can think of two men in Australia with disabilities, for which it would be very unlikely to find an Australian wife. One has a Philippina wife, the other has a Vietnamese wife.

So if any of us meet a single disabled foreign man with a good attitude, we could introduce him to Cambodian or other South East Asian girls. Obviously you would need to be completely honest with all involved, so they knew what they were getting in to.

Stay away from bar girls.
Its true what you say. I believe the vast majority of Cambodian ladies make fantastic partners/wives, and their outlook on a stable/secure relationship outweighs any negatives on a partners disablement or age difference.
Only two warnings here: 1/ Don't let them catch you glancing at another lady otherwise it can be like Mount Etna erupting and 2/ Bar girls are a no-no.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

What about disabled bar girls? Marriage material?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

epidemiks wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:01 pm What about disabled bar girls? Marriage material?
If memory serves, there was a deaf slapper that did the Walkabout rounds who got married once if not twice.

If she was marriage material or not, we'd have to ask the bloke.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

epidemiks wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:01 pm What about disabled bar girls? Marriage material?
Does the short one in Candy bar count?

or the other way around
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

Brody wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:05 pm
If memory serves, there was a deaf slapper that did the Walkabout rounds who got married once if not twice.

Well not much good asking her.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Brody wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:05 pm If memory serves, there was a deaf slapper that did the Walkabout rounds who got married once if not twice.

You just brought some distant memories flooding back of fun nights spent at soraya mall or whatever it was called (now pub street) many moons ago (2012-13 I believe) when my mate was trying to bang one of the bar staff and she insisted on taking her deaf friend along as a chaperone. Must be the same girl as I also heard she got married

Just leaves me asking what happened to me as I seem to have gotten so tame now
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Probably a good catch if they owned the bar or had lots of money.

I actually have a hearing disability and have asked hundreds of girls to marry me but I couldn't hear if they said yes or no. I'm still single so they must have said no.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Element6 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:34 pm ...distant memories... many moons ago (2012-13 I believe)
Just breaking your balls a bit:

Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Brody wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:05 pm
Element6 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:34 pm ...distant memories... many moons ago (2012-13 I believe)
Just breaking your balls a bit:

I wish it was more recent. I feel like a right pussy now.

Need to get out.....need to get out......
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic