Fake Smart 500% Bonus?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Fake Smart 500% Bonus?

Post by explorer »

Kuroneko wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:20 pm
explorer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:03 pm There is a lot of incomplete communication from Smart.

Like you get a huge bonus, but they dont tell you it expires in a short time.
Wrong they tell you how long the promotion is valid for and when you get it you can diall 500*888 to get how much WiFi you have got and when it eventually expires. You just keep checking that number every day to check on your usage
Have you actually used this and found it is correct. I found it is about a week behind. So you dont get any useful information.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:19 am How do I get Smart (and the others for that matter) to send the promotion messages in English? Last time I used Smart, got lots of messages in Khmer. ... website link was in Khmer too.

Is there a magic switch or code to switch languages for the various cell phone companies?
I think they just send both.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

explorer wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:00 am
Kuroneko wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:20 pm
explorer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:03 pm There is a lot of incomplete communication from Smart.

Like you get a huge bonus, but they dont tell you it expires in a short time.
Wrong they tell you how long the promotion is valid for and when you get it you can diall 500*888 to get how much WiFi you have got and when it eventually expires. You just keep checking that number every day to check on your usage
Have you actually used this and found it is correct. I found it is about a week behind. So you dont get any useful information.
Of course I have used it :lol: I have been using Smart for around seven years and I am using the phone for calls or WiFi 'everyday. The last promotion was the new year promotion, I received it on the 15 and it was valid until the 19, I added a top up on the 19th and got on net calls etc valid until the end of the first week in May. Seeing that KNY is from 14th-15th, I think that was pretty much on time. A previous one was in March where I got 100 mins of on net calls for $1. I had to top up within a week to get it. What promotions are you getting late? Maybe it's because you are only using your phone once a week. :D
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:19 am How do I get Smart (and the others for that matter) to send the promotion messages in English? Last time I used Smart, got lots of messages in Khmer. ... website link was in Khmer too.

Is there a magic switch or code to switch languages for the various cell phone companies?
FFS NKOTB, have you not learned to utilize Google translate yet?

Copy the Khmer txt and paste it into Google translate app
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic