How can I transfer money from Istanbul to Cambodia???

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
Annaqin
Tourist
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:59 pm
Reputation: 1
Cambodia

How can I transfer money from Istanbul to Cambodia???

Post by Annaqin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:31 am

Hi All...
My name is Anna and New member here with a question about money transfer.....
Someone would probably have the answer...
My family member want to transfer money to my Cambodia bank account. But Istanbul bank can’t transfer money to Cambodia because they said “too much money ”..........I currently live in Cambodia

1. Has anyone ever imported items in a box (personal possessions) into Cambodia from Istanbul ???..
What shipping company does freight to Cambodia???...DHL maybe ???
2.What other company or solutions can be used in Istanbul to transfer money ???

So guys, feel free to use all the knowledge, thank you very much.
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2854
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 735
New Zealand

Re: How can I transfer money from Istanbul to Cambodia???

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:33 am

Too much money??

If it's under 10 thousand there shouldn't be any problems, just make a SWIFT transfer.
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 244
Location: here
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: How can I transfer money from Istanbul to Cambodia???

Post by Doc67 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:46 am

Have Turkey imposed capital controls i.e. restrictions on money leaving the country? I know the Turkish Lira was under great pressure vs the USD (and most other major currencies) in the last 2 years so there maybe some restrictions.

If they say it is "too much money" ask them how much is not too much. You might be able to send it in increments. How much are you talking about anyway?
Annaqin
Tourist
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:59 pm
Reputation: 1
Cambodia

Re: How can I transfer money from Istanbul to Cambodia???

Post by Annaqin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:27 pm

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:33 am
Too much money??

If it's under 10 thousand there shouldn't be any problems, just make a SWIFT transfer.
Tanks. But my family want to transfer 50 thousand here....
Annaqin
Tourist
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:59 pm
Reputation: 1
Cambodia

Re: How can I transfer money from Istanbul to Cambodia???

Post by Annaqin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:29 pm

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:33 am
Too much money??

If it's under 10 thousand there shouldn't be any problems, just make a SWIFT transfer.
Sorry my mistake....my family want to transfer 500 thousand here....
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 590
Cambodia

Re: How can I transfer money from Istanbul to Cambodia???

Post by Kammekor » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:29 pm

You could send it to my IBAN account in the EU and I can forward it to my Cambodian account. You then can collect it at my house, or I could transfer it to your Cambodian account, for a small fee of course. Let's say 0.5%.
Annaqin
Tourist
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:59 pm
Reputation: 1
Cambodia

Re: How can I transfer money from Istanbul to Cambodia???

Post by Annaqin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Doc67 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:46 am
Have Turkey imposed capital controls i.e. restrictions on money leaving the country? I know the Turkish Lira was under great pressure vs the USD (and most other major currencies) in the last 2 years so there maybe some restrictions.

If they say it is "too much money" ask them how much is not too much. You might be able to send it in increments. How much are you talking about anyway?
Thanks. My family want to transfer 500 thousand to me...... the bank only said “too much ”....
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 590
Cambodia

Re: How can I transfer money from Istanbul to Cambodia???

Post by Kammekor » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:36 pm

Annaqin wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:32 pm
Doc67 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:46 am
Have Turkey imposed capital controls i.e. restrictions on money leaving the country? I know the Turkish Lira was under great pressure vs the USD (and most other major currencies) in the last 2 years so there maybe some restrictions.

If they say it is "too much money" ask them how much is not too much. You might be able to send it in increments. How much are you talking about anyway?
Thanks. My family want to transfer 500 thousand to me...... the bank only said “too much ”....
Try to do it through an EU intermediate. They might accept that.

And don't take my comment before seriously.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: John Bingham, siliconlife, simon43 and 193 guests