Is Cambodia a country full of Expat:-

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Is Cambodia a country full of Expat:-

Post by The Whisperer »

Druggies, Alcoholics, Suicidal people, Mental Retards, Kiddie Fiddlers, other Pervs and deviants etc.
It seems like everyday we here reports in the media about expats as mentioned above.

Actually, I just wonder what the Khmer people really think about us expats.

Sometimes I feel embarrassed/ashamed-do you?
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Is Cambodia a country full of Expat:-

Post by phkachhouk »

I’m three of the above.

There’s far worse news about locals that we don’t hear or read about.

I don’t think they really think anything.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Most expats are Chinese now, and they're aiming for 3 million Chinese in 2030, so they will soon dominate the news.
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

Are Chinese (Mainland) classed as expats or is that racist to preclude them?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The Whisperer wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:11 pm Druggies, Alcoholics, Suicidal people, Mental Retards, Kiddie Fiddlers, other Pervs and deviants etc.
It seems like everyday we here reports in the media about expats as mentioned above.

Actually, I just wonder what the Khmer people really think about us expats.

Sometimes I feel embarrassed/ashamed-do you?
Yes, because they are throughout the world.
To be human is to be all those things, plus Kombucha swilling, quiche baking, handbag buying, game playing, yoga and footy loving bookbinders.

Apparently there are some fine examples of humans everywhere too. I've read what we focus on is what we see.

Me,I don't much like humans.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yellow journalism and bad news sells papers & drives traffic online
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by The Whisperer »

Apparently, theres no smoke without fire!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phkachhouk wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:26 pm Are Chinese (Mainland) classed as expats or is that racist to preclude them?
Why would you? Isn't an expat a (professionally employed) person temporarily or permanently residing in a country other than their own country?
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:30 pm yellow journalism and bad news sells papers & drives traffic online
There’s growing anti Chinese resentment among expats, especially ones who’ve been booted out of SHV. Not surprisingly the ones who’ve made big money keep quite!

Come to think of it there’s been anti Chinese sentiment from as far back as I can remember as a kid. If it’s not about their inferior products (which we keep buying) it’s about their driving or just plain racism or good ol xenophobia.

I remember a case where lead was found in kids toys. One case about 20 years ago and it gets regurgitate on a regular basis.

I’m no Chinese lover but my eyes are wide open (no pun intended) and I could see the writing on the wall a long time ago.
China have been hoarding cash since at least the 70s.
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:35 pm
phkachhouk wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:26 pm Are Chinese (Mainland) classed as expats or is that racist to preclude them?
Why would you? Isn't an expat a (professionally employed) person temporarily or permanently residing in a country other than their own country?
I guess. Not really thought about it.
I don’t think it’s the job but the economics of the country.

Pakistan = expat or immigrant?
Singapore = expat?
Sudan = ?

Pretty racist and outdated word.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic