Parrot selling its cage

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Parrot selling its cage

Post by TOG »

Funny how people advertise items for sale. Probably English not the persons first language but it did make me laugh

Battambang Connect ›

Parot with Cage for sale 35$

Turns out it's the owner of the parrot selling the cage which will include the parrot
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Parrot selling its cage

Post by Captain Bonez »

Are you high?
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

TOG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:07 pm Funny how people advertise items for sale. Probably English not the persons first language but it did make me laugh

Battambang Connect ›

Turns out it's the owner of the parrot selling the cage which will include the parrot
Check out the cage it's in...

I will bet a large sum of money the new owner is having aggression problems with that parrot. Can't imagine why.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:15 pm Are you high?
It is 4/20 today after all.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

TOG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:07 pm Funny how people advertise items for sale. Probably English not the persons first language but it did make me laugh

Battambang Connect ›

:facepalm:
of course its the owner selling the parrot an cage
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:55 pm

Battambang Connect ›

:facepalm:
of course its the owner selling the parrot an cage
There is bound to be a NGO or lawyer who will say this is '' trafficking '' and I bet no-one has asked the parrot how it feels about being sold or given away with a cheap plastic pink cage.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Haven't seen a parrot thread in years and then 3 come at once.

bloody typical.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:26 am Haven't seen a parrot thread in years and then 3 come at once.

bloody typical.
If people do not act quick, it will be a mathematical parrot.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Parrots are tough pets to own. They live a long time. Require constant companionship. Smart (and naughty). Inherited a green one from the ex’s uncle. Initially lived in the living room. Talked non-stop. Cried and screamed every time someone cried or screamed on TV. At the time put the parakeets’ cage directly above it. I don’t think the bird was too happy being pooped on from above. In the summer put it outside so it could talk to the neighborhood dogs and birds and other creatures all day long.

Eventually had to give it to the ex’s brother. He set in free during the winter. It sat in the tree next to his house. For a while. The one day, no more bird.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:32 amParrots are tough pets to own. They live a long time. Require constant companionship. Smart (and naughty).
Really tough to own, some breeds are like having an idiot savant four-year old kid permanently in the house. Others are just idiots. In Australia I kept Sun Conures and Eclectus parrots, all hand raised from the egg. The conures were ingenious little shits at creating mischief. I was seriously looking into macaws and African greys but you had to have a documented succession plan (as in, who will inherit the bird after you die, because it WILL outlive you) before you get a keepers license. The moustaches (my current male) live a solid 40 years, so mine should outlive me if it stays healthy. If it bites me again it might not stay healthy. It's partner, a blossom-cheek, will only live 10 years or so and probably not that long as she's the idiot type. She can't fly, but she keeps giving it the old college try no matter how high up she's climbed, and makes a sound roughly like a ripe tomato and then a surprised squawk when flight didn't occur. I don't know if she's ever flown, but she hasn't since I've had her. The moustache flies, sort of, and yells frantically for someone to give him an arm or shoulder to land on.

You have to handle longer-lived parrots as though they are autistic children. No sudden moves, no new things, no big changes. If I go to my tool cupboard, I'm expected to show the parrots what I'm taking out, slowly, and if I forget they freak out and start alarm-calling. If anyone carries anything new into the house, same deal. If I'm doing something and they can't see, it's "what you doing?" until I answer, and then when I ask them the same it's "pretty bird, ha ha ha." You remember that really annoying meme The Annoying Orange? The male will call me, and call me, and call me when I'm working in the workshop, and when I eventually go over to see what he wants, he looks at me mischievously and pauses thoughtfully, and says "... pretty bird!"

They both say "Hello cockie" which is odd, because we didn't teach them that and don't know if they've ever lived with other Australians. The female yells "WHAT THE FUCK?" at any loud noise, which we're trying with mixed results to retrain to "WHAT WAS THAT?" although secretly we piss ourselves each time she does it as it's always in context.

The other day the male got frustrated at the female and yelled "Lizzie!" at her in my voice, telling her off, then looked at me and "ha ha ha"ed meaningfully until I laughed with him.

If either of us walk past the cage in the dark, the male says in a very low gravelly voice "oy oy oy" which creeps you out until you learn to expect it.

They have other vocabulary and have phrases in other languages, but that paints the picture.
Inherited a green one from the ex’s uncle. Initially lived in the living room. Talked non-stop. Cried and screamed every time someone cried or screamed on TV.
Ours celebrate noisily whenever someone in a five-house radius sneezes (or a car/moto horn honks, or the ice-cream guy goes past, or Cintri are in the area...). The also let us know if we've just let someone in the gate, right through until we've taken that person upstairs. And they let us know when we're taking that person back out to the gate, and a quick reminder once we're back inside from shutting the gate. Bastards.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic