Are we all Racists?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Are we all Racists?

Post by newkidontheblock »

RickyBobby wrote:Is it racist to note the IQ differences between race groups?
Yes. Standardized IQ tests are designed to test how well an individual would do in the society that designed the test.

For example, a Khmer farmer wouldn’t know the first thing about British or Australian vegetables (neither would I based on ACE homework) and would fail a British or Australian IQ test.

Is everyone the same?

No!

Each group is adapted to their situations.

Do standardized tests have a place in society?

Yes! Determining readiness (for school, work, profession) in that society.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:23 am
RickyBobby wrote:Is it racist to note the IQ differences between race groups?
Yes. Standardized IQ tests are designed to test how well an individual would do in the society that designed the test.

For example, a Khmer farmer wouldn’t know the first thing about British or Australian vegetables (neither would I based on ACE homework) and would fail a British or Australian IQ test.

Is everyone the same?

No!

Each group is adapted to their situations.

Do standardized tests have a place in society?

Yes! Determining readiness (for school, work, profession) in that society.
That's a good point about how the test is designed.

But they must study that. For example, all the people of different races with similar educational opportunities living in the same countries.

I'm no expert on IQ.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:59 am I’m not racist, I only hate the French just like everyone else!
:stir:
Moi aussi
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

RickyBobby wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:19 am
Khartoum wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:10 pm Man is a bigot, it's in the DNA. Some of us bigots are racists, some are not; some of us bigots are xenophobes, some are not.
Well, lets start with the (real, culturally accepted, not dictionary) definition of racism first.

Then we can cover:
Bigot
Xenophobes

Care to begin please? (serious question, not a jab)
Racism is a type of bigotry.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:23 am Yes. Standardized IQ tests are designed to test how well an individual would do in the society that designed the test.
Going on that point even a bit further, tests are designed by committees based on their specific interpretation and biases of what intelligence value actually is. Who is to say those people are the golden standard in the first place...in fact, who the hell were those people anyway? If Lionel Messi wrote a book on essential football skills I would be more inclined to use his standards as a benchmark for obvious reasons.

But even Messi himself wouldn't tell people they must follow his way of footballing and that he's the one and only standard to be measured against...or maybe so, I don't know him obviously...but the idea of ascribing a number which somehow indicates one's "intelligence" and therefore, a value to society based on some kind of exam because a small committee of people have determined what is intelligence is...is just ludicrous to me.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Racism is simply a word. It means whatever the speaker/writer thinks it means.

You would think that in this Liberal enlightened world that people think is so great, everyone would have the right to think and believe whatever they want but of course we only have the right to think and believe what the PC Luvvies say.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Those that blame lefties for being called racists often complain about the colour of people that live in the country they abandoned. Easier to blame others for not accepting ones disgusting, shallow and condescending beliefs than to look inward to discover why one has become such a bitter, twisted and unpleasant person. Just saying.
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

TOG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:56 pm Racism is simply a word. It means whatever the speaker/writer thinks it means.
Think you'll find it difficult to get out of this one and remain fashionable.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:05 pmJust saying.
And you are perfectly entitled to your view so why criticise others for having different views?

I would defend everyone's right to their own view but don't expect me to change mine to suit someone else's ideals. That's dictatorship.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

TOG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:56 pm Racism is simply a word.
Just how ignorant are you?
TOG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:21 pm
I would defend everyone's right to their own view but don't expect me to change mine to suit someone else's ideals.
Just like your boys did on 30th January 1972 when they murdered 14 innocent, unarmed civilians who were marching for civil rights.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic