Fake Smart 500% Bonus?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Fake Smart 500% Bonus?

Post by Ravensnest »

I'm betting a lot of you Smart customers, like myself, received a great marketing offer in txt form from Smart. It included a bonus of 500% of any purchases above $1.25 during several days. The bonus expired on 20.04.

I sure did not receive a bonus, did anyone??
Still here, in country...
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Fake Smart 500% Bonus?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yes. For on net only.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Ah shit. As I was typing a reply it dawned on me, the kid sold me 4 $1 scratch offs. No wonder I didn't see a bonus. Jalam! I fdup
Still here, in country...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Even if the bonus was meaningful, how are you going to expend $500 credit in two days? It's a nonsense offer, every time.

Those bonuses are only ever on-net, which you should have unlimited anyway - so, spam advertising.

I literally saw a telco sign near Russian Market that said "$1=$999USD" the other day. What does that even mean?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Ravensnest wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:13 am I'm betting a lot of you Smart customers, like myself, received a great marketing offer in txt form from Smart. It included a bonus of 500% of any purchases above $1.25 during several days. The bonus expired on 20.04.

I sure did not receive a bonus, did anyone??
Yes I get lots of these. Got one for my birthday. The bonus you refer expires on the 20th but your on net that you get for that bonus lasts for about a month. You need to put in at least a $1.25 (5000riel) scratchit to obtain the bonus. If you are VIP status you get more.
blerrr9
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blerrr9 »

As I know Smart always give their customer unlimited quota , sms, and call that way. 500$ / 999$ only for that. I used to use smart for 2 year, now change to metfone since Smart lack of connection in the province.
YOLO

Follow your heart
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

There is a lot of incomplete communication from Smart.

Like you get a huge bonus, but they dont tell you it expires in a short time.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

explorer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:03 pm There is a lot of incomplete communication from Smart.

Like you get a huge bonus, but they dont tell you it expires in a short time.
Wrong they tell you how long the promotion is valid for and when you get it you can diall 500*888 to get how much WiFi you have got and when it eventually expires. You just keep checking that number every day to check on your usage
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Or you use the app. Shows pretty much everything. For 1 Dollar you get about 8 gb and unlimited calls/sms to smart. For me that is a good deal.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

How do I get Smart (and the others for that matter) to send the promotion messages in English? Last time I used Smart, got lots of messages in Khmer. ... website link was in Khmer too.

Is there a magic switch or code to switch languages for the various cell phone companies?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic