is it hot enough for ya??

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: is it hot enough for ya??

Post by bobsboots »

Hey guys. WTF ?
We live in S.E Asia, or Indochina. What do you expect ....hailstorms and wintry wind chills ?
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

Meanwhile in Norfolk: Hottest day of the year !!

The mercury soared to 22.7C at Santon Downham in Thetford Forest in the afternoon - marking the region's warmest day of year so far.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/weather/we ... -1-6006788
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

bobsboots wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:12 am Hey guys. WTF ?
We live in S.E Asia, or Indochina. What do you expect ....hailstorms and wintry wind chills ?
I expect people might comment on the weather sometimes. There was a hail storm in Siem Reap province two days ago.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:46 am I expect people might comment on the weather sometimes.
Yes, but every April social media is full about the heat and every December the moaning starts about the perceived "cold". Tedious.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'm not finding it hot.

But the humidity is really making my testicles sticky and slimy.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Its been usually hot this past week and not normal at all
for years living here i never had an air con and never felt the heat as it never got this hot.

Cant say its NOT climate change
Sir David Attenborough's new BBC documentary on climate change has been praised by TV critics.

Climate Change - The Facts, shown on BBC One on Thursday, was a "rousing call to arms", said the Guardian.

In a four-star review, the Times said the veteran presenter "took a sterner tone... as though his patience was nearly spent".

Sir David, 92, has called global warming "our greatest threat in thousands of years".
https://latestnewsglobal.com/2019/04/da ... l-to-arms/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:11 am I'm not finding it hot.

O thanks for that, I really wanted to know how your testicles were coping with the heat
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

DaveG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:34 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:11 am I'm not finding it hot.

O thanks for that, I really wanted to know how your testicles were coping with the heat

No photos.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:31 am Its been usually hot this past week and not normal at all
for years living here i never had an air con and never felt the heat as it never got this hot.

Sir David Attenborough's new BBC documentary on climate change has been praised by TV critics.

Climate Change - The Facts, shown on BBC One on Thursday, was a "rousing call to arms", said the Guardian.

In a four-star review, the Times said the veteran presenter "took a sterner tone... as though his patience was nearly spent".

Sir David, 92, has called global warming "our greatest threat in thousands of years".
https://latestnewsglobal.com/2019/04/da ... l-to-arms/
As long as they don’t mention “man made” then it’s all good.

It’s cyclical.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:31 am Its been unusually hot this past week and not normal at all

Even our neighbours finally caved in and are installing a new AC unit as of this morning. First one they've had in their lives apparently, and they're in their late 50s.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic