Your Greatest Accomplishment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Your Greatest Accomplishment

Post by RickyBobby »

What is your Greatest Accomplishment in your life, of which you are most proud?

Do you have something planned to match or beat your personal best?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Your Greatest Accomplishment

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Making friends with you BJ. A man who has so many views so totally different to my own.

Not my greatest achievement but it does surprise the heck outa me. Or maybe I'm just getting old and don't want to arm up and go into battle against the forces of darkness (you) as much as I used to..
:D
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Some people think that great accomplishments are those which get media coverage.

Many people that do worthwhile things which dont get media coverage.

There are good people in Cambodia who have done a lot for others. These are great accomplishments.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

my daughter...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:33 am my daughter...
Also true for me. My three beauties, which have now produced three more, so far. They will always be my greatest accomplishment.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
The Last Word
Expatriate
Laos

Post by The Last Word »

Joining this forum and getting taught all the wisdom Explorer has on how to live in S.E Asia without getting ripped off or scammed :P

For me making the move to PP
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

My greatest accomplishment to date (apart from ditching the 'wife') is reaching 60. I hope to better that accomplishment by reaching 61.

@Ricky Bobby, do you have a greatest accomplishment? - in less than 1000 words.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Skipping this thread...wait...DAMN!
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Being at the helm of probably one of the most important companies in this country's history (for the little guy out in the sticks), as it turned from near certain bankruptcy, into the underappreciated behemoth it is today; providing basic financial services to 100% of the country along with a whole bunch of indirect benefits to other industries and small businesses that I'd hope some future economist or Cambodian central banker will finally look back and appreciate the incalculable difference it made to general Cambodian economic growth during this period. There were foundation stories before my time, and I'm sure some intriguing stories after my time too, but I think that transition period (2011-15) is probably one of its finest chapters as the butterfly emerged from the chrysalis, and one I will be proud of probably right up until the day I shalt snuff it!
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

While trying to avoid getting all gushy...
Surviving last year, to become a Dad this year.

8days old, I would never have guessed, let alone bet on this happening at my age. My next great achievement shall be watching him grow up, hopefully... one day at a time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic