Content, or lack thereof

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by General Mackevili »

^ Good stuff.

Sounds balanced to me. I'm also glad to hear some people enjoy the freedom of expression here.

And I imagine it's a struggle for most boards to try and keep things un-cliquey, but we (CEO as a whole) try very hard to make everyone feel welcome. I think I might off myself if I have to read another insider joke about PlayBoy drinking, Cambod eating pizza or Scoffer's computer skills, LoL. That shit is so 2010. Image

There is a thread going on right now about meet-up at a BBQ place, and I hope that anyone reading that feels comfortable showing up even if they don't know anyone else.

The previous CEO events we've had were a lot of fun, and I was glad to see a few random people show up alone and just introduce themselves (I believe that's how I first met Jaap, Ali Baba, WalkJiveFly, and others for the first time.).

I've seen them several times since. :thumb:

And yeah, content could be pushed a little more, but we've all been very fortunate that several members have really gone out of their way to start up random threads on whatever they find interesting, and some have been a success!

And any member is encouraged to start threads about any happenings around town that they might know of, both good and bad news.

A lot of interesting content comes from a random post by someone who has some info about an event or word on the street, and it takes off from there! So, if you find it interesting, chances are others will too!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:There is a thread going on right now about meet-up at a BBQ place, and I hope that anyone reading that feels comfortable showing up even if they don't know anyone else.

The previous CEO events we've had were a lot of fun, and I was glad to see a few random people show up alone and just introduce themselves (I believe that's how I first met Jaap, Ali Baba, WalkJiveFly, and others for the first time.)
Absolutely - I named a couple of couples in that thread (to encourage more partners along) but it should be stressed that any and all would be welcome, just step over Playboy on your way in the door. He'll (apparently) be the one lying on the floor, probably under the table.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

Stroppy Chops,

I read the first 2 and a half pages and to be perfectly honest did not feel like reading 10 pages .

Just call me lazy

picooie
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

picooie wrote:Stroppy Chops,

I read the first 2 and a half pages and to be perfectly honest did not feel like reading 10 pages .

Just call me lazy

picooie
I meant where I said my comment wasn't aimed at you.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

I got upset when it was said there would be no more cambod pizza jokes.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote:... just step over Playboy on your way in the door. He'll (apparently) be the one lying on the floor, probably under the table.
Digg3r wrote:I got upset when it was said there would be no more cambod pizza jokes.
Dammit. A PlayBoy and Cambod joke back-to-back.

I'm off to find a bridge and planning my jump. Image

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:I'm off to find a bridge and planning my jump. Image
Just wait on a bridge during a full moon, the locals will stampede...
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

GM,

You don't qualify for bridge jumping. You are not a depressed English teacher that is in a crappy rock band.

picooie
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

picooie wrote:GM,

You don't qualify for bridge jumping. You are not a depressed English teacher that is in a crappy rock band.

picooie
Hey, that's my friend, ya bastard! ! :dragonchase:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic