Ever been Banged Up?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Ever been Banged Up?

Post by RickyBobby »

StroppyChops wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:18 pm
Brody wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:15 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:58 pm But to cut-and-paste to TOF for the purpose of ridicule ... I genuinely feel sorry for some of those guys. There are one or two quality posters over there, the rest are just hiding their pain.
That's nothing.

They just let Fred Edwards/***** ****** copy and past the entirety of an PM exchange between Gen Mack and himself.

What the fuck?
Yeah, that's not on. That's where any semblance of trust collapses and people stop communicating privately for fear of that happening. I've been a net admin and I know that anyone at that level can read any email or PMs in a given network, and yet I've got confidence that what I post in a private message on CEO will stay private. Allowing a PM to be posted publicly on a forum is a dog act.

Edited out the real name so the mods can take a break.
Yes, perhaps, but that's not what that was about. Fred Edwards didn't post other peoples emails or conversations. He posted his own. No need to get out the tinfoil just yet.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Ever been Banged Up?

Post by newkidontheblock »

willyhilly wrote:They were on a run on the Korean Airlines jet shot down by the Russians near Sakalin Island.
Sad story. Plane crossed into Soviet airspace twice due to faulty magnetic navigation. Actually it’s the same route all airliners take these days.

The Russians scrambled a fighter plane. The pilot reported that it was a civilian airliner, all running lights on. He even reported he could see people through the windows moving about the plane.

The command from the Russian general. ‘I don’t care. Shoot it down.’ Orders were obeyed on threat of execution. A deep Soviet secret only discovered after the USSR collapsed.

As for the innocent being wrongfully punished, that’s the razors edge for every society to determine. Safety and security vs. punishing the wrong person.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic