Business is blooming.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Business is blooming.

Post by John Bingham »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:59 am Hate to get in the way of some western women bashing, but statistically, in the UK there are more men than women who are overweight or obese.
I was going to say the same. It also depends where you are, richer people tend to exercise more and eat better so not so many end up looking like haystacks.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
expatbullshiters
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by expatbullshiters »

i don't think your supposed to drink 32 ounces of cola in one sitting lol. I'm visiting america and ordered a medium- it was 24 ounces lol. i can only imagine the diabetes problems they must have here. Cambodia has a terrible health care system and the khmers i know are really healthy- i guess you are what you eat.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

expatbullshiters wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:37 pm Cambodia has a terrible health care system and the khmers i know are really healthy- i guess you are what you eat.
They might look healthy. You might think they are healthy because you only see them eat rice 3 times a day. A varied diet they don't have. If you look at life expectancy here in Cambodia, just 68 years, compared to Europe it's well over 80. But if you want to compare to our closer neighbours: Vietnam 76 and Thailand 75..
just noise, white noise
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

O well,
I may have a couple of years left then,

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/life ... ays-58878/

That is unless Clutch get his hands round my neck, lol

:stir:
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

DaveG wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:36 pm O well,

That's a news article from 2014! Amazing how life expectancy in Cambodia was 72 in 2014 and now dropped to back to 68. Also strange that life expectancy is higher in Vietnam than it is in Thailand.
just noise, white noise
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

whiteribbon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:13 pm

That's a news article from 2014! Amazing how life expectancy in Cambodia was 72 in 2014 and now dropped to back to 68. Also strange that life expectancy is higher in Vietnam than it is in Thailand.

Lol,
When your times up its up,
Maybe the shit food over here has something to do with it, or the amount of barangs that appear to be having heart attacks, not sure.

Anyway we have to make the most of it, enjoy while you can !!!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

expatbullshiters wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:37 pm i don't think your supposed to drink 32 ounces of cola in one sitting lol. I'm visiting america and ordered a medium- it was 24 ounces lol. i can only imagine the diabetes problems they must have here. Cambodia has a terrible health care system and the khmers i know are really healthy- i guess you are what you eat.
Actually Cambodia has very high rates of Type 2 Diabetes, a whole lot of adults I personally know suffer from it. It leads to many debilitating conditions, one guy I've known for years had his toe chopped off last year and a major part of his heel recently. The milled rice that many locals subsist on is not actually very healthy, it is just pure starch. And Cambodians are very partial to sweet drinks too. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

A lot of the West’s high life expectancy rate is due to the strong health care system and social services network. How many people back in the West (especially the elderly) aren’t taking meds? Don’t go to a doctor (or several) on a routine basis?

Take away the health care and social support and I’m sure life expectancies would plummet to almost Cambodia’s level.

The interesting statistic is life expectancy in Vietnam vs. Thailand.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:45 am A lot of the West’s high life expectancy rate is due to the strong health care system and social services network. How many people back in the West (especially the elderly) aren’t taking meds? Don’t go to a doctor (or several) on a routine basis?

Take away the health care and social support and I’m sure life expectancies would plummet to almost Cambodia’s level.

The interesting statistic is life expectancy in Vietnam vs. Thailand.
The Vietnamese are probably better drivers.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic