Cash and carry Makro ready for business in Phnom Penh

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cash and carry Makro ready for business in Phnom Penh

Post by pczz »

Where is it?
therdpongl
Tourist
Thailand

Post by therdpongl »

rogerrabbit wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 pm
Luigi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:23 pm ''Makro Cambodia sells food and non-food products primarily to registered members, including small- and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), retailers, caterers and public institutions

So you have to be a registered member? Not just walk in & shop?
Officially I think you should register but I went there couple weeks ago and I didn't register. Just normal walk in & shop. No one asked or said anything.
Your discussion is very interesting. I'm interested in Cash & Carry Business in Cambodia. Do you two live in Cambodia? Can you advise what the top 5 Cash & Carry Players are? Are Metro Wholesale, Walmart or Carrefour famous in Cambodia? Thanks you two for advice.
RPT
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by RPT »

Gonna bring this one back from the dead...

Earlier in the thread a poster said that they just walked in and shopped without needing a card, is that still the deal there?

In Thailand you ask for a day pass and they give you a little scannable laminated card that you hand to the cashier before she rings your stuff through the till, is that not used here?

TIA.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic